Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mental hospital

[st...]

I'm 23 months of and had my worst day yet. I was in therapy and lost my mind. My therapist was concerned and I almost went to the ER. I was in such bad shape. We settled on having my dad pick ne up instead. I was frozen. I felt like my life was over and that I was going to end it. My concern is that it has gotten this bad at 23 months. I feel worse then acute.  Does this mean I'll be like this for years to come? I can't take it for much longer. I have windows. But then again iv had windows from the start. The waves are never getting better. Does this mean I'm not going to heal??????

• Like 1

No, you will heal.  I've had many "late waves" after I jumped CT and some of them lasted 6 or more weeks and it felt like I was in acute WD again too.  They eventually end.  Don't lose hope.  You could turn a corner any day.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 07/11/2023 at 05:40, [[T...] said:

No, you will heal.  I've had many "late waves" after I jumped CT and some of them lasted 6 or more weeks and it felt like I was in acute WD again too.  They eventually end.  Don't lose hope.  You could turn a corner any day.

Thank you for your incouragment. It's much appreciated 

You are 23 months off benzos. Is that correct? Why were you initially put on them? How long, what benzo? Do you have any stress in your life ATM?

4 hours ago, [[A...] said:

You are 23 months off benzos. Is that correct? Why were you initially put on them? How long, what benzo? Do you have any stress in your life ATM?

Yes. About to reach 23 months. I was put on them after I got sober and was having anxiety and dp/dr for a few months. Only on for a few months. 18 month taper. I was also on them from 2001-2011. Came off just fine then

But if you tapered over 18 months, you were on them the entire time you tapered or closer to 20 months?  There isn't a direct correlation between the length of time you are on and symptom intensity and how long withdrawal lasts, but it is somewhat more consistent for those that have been on for a few years or longer?

10 hours ago, [[A...] said:

The original post said they have been off 23 months.

@[st...], please return and clarify.

Yea correct. November 25th will be 23 months that I have been off

On 15/11/2023 at 05:52, [[T...] said:

But if you tapered over 18 months, you were on them the entire time you tapered or closer to 20 months?  There isn't a direct correlation between the length of time you are on and symptom intensity and how long withdrawal lasts, but it is somewhat more consistent for those that have been on for a few years or longer?

I was on them for around 6 months and then a 18 month taper

After 23 months off, what are your worst SXs now? You said they gave you benzos after you detoxed alcohol. How long was the addiction to alcohol?

13 hours ago, [[A...] said:

After 23 months off, what are your worst SXs now? You said they gave you benzos after you detoxed alcohol. How long was the addiction to alcohol?

To many to list honestly. My symptoms are different hour to hour. My limbic system is messed up.  I got sober in 2020 after 20 years of drinking and taking pills and kratom. I wasn't a heavy drinker the last few years just mainly kratom and Norco. Low does

On 06/11/2023 at 16:40, [[s...] said:

I'm 23 months of and had my worst day yet. I was in therapy and lost my mind. My therapist was concerned and I almost went to the ER. I was in such bad shape. We settled on having my dad pick ne up instead. I was frozen. I felt like my life was over and that I was going to end it. My concern is that it has gotten this bad at 23 months. I feel worse then acute.  Does this mean I'll be like this for years to come? I can't take it for much longer. I have windows. But then again iv had windows from the start. The waves are never getting better. Does this mean I'm not going to heal??????

You will heal, depression always lifts, just keep moving forward. Don’t overthink anything, or this yourself out of your depression/anxiety..be mindful of everything you do :: breathing, tasting, hearing, feeling..

• Love 1