Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Terrified

[Ti...]

I have internal vibration of entire body and heart all night long. I don't sleep at all because of this and that I'm never "sleepy." I feel like the internal feelings make me also shake, rock, pace...  what can be done to get rid of this? I was 8 days off, grabbed a ATI last night at 1am and it got rid of that feeling. But now I feel guilty for taking it. IDK what to do.

What is an ATI?  Unfortunately the only cure is time.  Symptoms and symptom intensity slowly fade over time.  I had inner vibrations too and felt wired all the time.  It slowly gets better.

That's your problem.  Once you are off of Benzos, please stay off.  Taking "rescue doses" when things are bad only resets your healing time clock and can possibly lead to "kindling."  Kindling is a theory that says that the more times you stop and then restart a Benzo, the greater the chance that your symptom and symptom intensity will increase along with the amount of time it takes to heal and recover.  IMO, after you are off, stay off.  If you need to take something, take a NON-BENZO Rx drug that can help with symptoms such as Gabapentin.  Of course, always consult your doctor before doing anything.  It is best to find a Benzo-wise doctor that understands Benzos and Benzo WD and can help you through the healing and recovery process.

• Love 1

The other thing to do is to get rid of all Benzos from your house/apartment.  That way, in a moment of weakness, you are not tempted to take a rescue dose.  All of the hard work you went through for 8 days can be completely thrown out the window by grabbing another Ativan.  Also, IMO, I would not get any Rx prescriptions for Benzos refilled.  The fact that your vibrations ended when you took an Ativan, proves that Ativan (Benzos)are the cause of your symptoms and lack of sleep.  Unfortunately the only way out is through the process of taking the time required to let your body heal.  There are no shortcuts, or magic potions, pills or Rx drugs that speed up the process or remove symptoms and restore sleep.  It sucks, but you can do this.  I did it and so did thousands of others.  Good luck!

Edited by [Th...]

I didn't realize it would set me back. Or make it harder or worse. I literally am not able to sleep at all without it, and with other RX meds, nothing helps. I was just trying to save my job... I had to come back to work today and without any sleep for weeks I can't do it. It's pacing and rocking all night long and the buzzing of my body, heart, etc...