Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I had a window today!

Hi BBs,

Just wanted to share to give you hope, especially those who either CT'd or detoxed, I had a window today.  I even drove my car today for the first time since last fall.  I don't know if it will stay open, but I was thankful for it and enjoyed every minute of it.

It wasn't a perfect window as I still had some symptoms, but they were so much less than normal.  I had a tremendous amount of energy too!

I was driving to my Mom's house, as today was also her birthday, and I suddenly was so overwhelmed with happiness and gratitude that tears started streaming down my cheeks.  I felt so free and everything looked so beautiful, I couldn't believe it was really happening.  I kept thanking God over and over.  It was so nice to see my Mom's face light up when she saw me feeling so much better.

I never expected to have a window at 5 months, especially since I was on other psychotropic medication with the benzos for 20 years, and because I had Detoxed.

I hope this encourages you all.

Pretty amazing huh?

When you finally get a glimpse of the healing that is taking place it makes it a lot easier to deal with your symptoms when/if they return.

I'm torn because while I'm happy for you Perseverance, I'm wondering why that can't happen to me :laugh:

That's awesome though. It gives me hope.

Hi BBs,

Just wanted to share to give you hope, especially those who either CT'd or detoxed, I had a window today.  I even drove my car today for the first time since last fall.  I don't know if it will stay open, but I was thankful for it and enjoyed every minute of it.

It wasn't a perfect window as I still had some symptoms, but they were so much less than normal.  I had a tremendous amount of energy too!

I was driving to my Mom's house, as today was also her birthday, and I suddenly was so overwhelmed with happiness and gratitude that tears started streaming down my cheeks.  I felt so free and everything looked so beautiful, I couldn't believe it was really happening.  I kept thanking God over and over.  It was so nice to see my Mom's face light up when she saw me feeling so much better.

I never expected to have a window at 5 months, especially since I was on other psychotropic medication with the benzos for 20 years, and because I had Detoxed.

I hope this encourages you all.

Perserverance i am so happy for you.. What wonderful news.... I hope you have more days like today and you will... You are the best... Lu, Mishi

Perserverance,

Awesome news!!!! :yippee::thumbsup: May it be the beginning of many brighter days ahead.

Blessings,

itzsweird

Perserverance,

This is truly great news and I am happy to hear that you have had a favourable window. I hope it will continue to stay open, and that it will grow in length and abundance. Hopefully you will be able to step outside an open door soon and you will no longer be a prisoner to this pill, and its many varied w/d symptoms. I am sure it must feel great to finally step out of this cage, that we have been placed in because of benzo's.

Hear hear to better days.

This is awsome to hear. Sometimes, you just have to push yourself and beleive there will be a positive outcome. You are on your way now, on your way to full recovery!

Keep getting out. The more you get out, the better you will feel. The better you feel, the closer you get to recovery!

Take care.

Lida  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wow, I am overwhelmed by you guys.  I woke up this morning to so many responses!  It is bittersweet because I want the same for each and everyone of you.  Today my symptoms are a little more intense, but I still have the energy and feel like I will be able to get a lot accomplished again today.

Travuz, hang in there.  I truly know where you are, I was there for a very long time.  This process seems never ending at times.  I went a whole year feeling like you do, maybe even longer.  Last year all that I wanted to do was to give up, but now, I am so optimistic about reaching the end.  It is so worth holding on.

Congratulations, Perseverance--that's awesome!  And thanks so much for sharing it with everyone--we need to hear about the good stuff as often as possible.

I'll know I'm on the road to recovery when I can summon the courage to get behind the wheel of a car.  I developed a terrible driving phobia while on benzos. 

May you have many, many more and longer windows.  Way to go!

Mal

Wow, I am overwhelmed by you guys.  I woke up this morning to so many responses!  It is bittersweet because I want the same for each and everyone of you.  Today my symptoms are a little more intense, but I still have the energy and feel like I will be able to get a lot accomplished again today.

Travuz, hang in there.  I truly know where you are, I was there for a very long time.  This process seems never ending at times.  I went a whole year feeling like you do, maybe even longer.  Last year all that I wanted to do was to give up, but now, I am so optimistic about reaching the end.  It is so worth holding on.

Thank you Perseverance.

I made my latest cut, which brings the rabid cat from out of the bag. I am pushing forward even though I am being inundated with ideations, doubts and a kaleidoscope of hateful words, coalescing within this surreal mind of mine. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the advice you have given me. I wish I could be accepting  and let things go like you have...but it continues to be difficult...I can't find the means to let go of past or recent injustices. Rumination will not allow me peace of mind. Nevertheless...I am grateful in that you were granted a moment of respite from all this misery. I will pray that this is a sign of good things to come...for you and all those whom you love.

God Bless: may you be Blessed with many more windows and tranquillity.

Great news to hear!!  Praying for your window to stay open and more to come!!

I am happy for you dear one!

:smitten:

God bless,

Rocko