Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I feel like an idiot because of this benzo brain!

This benzo brain has GOT to go away!

I seriously feel and sound like a complete moron, like I'm drunk all the time. I can't remember things that were just said, and my words come out all wrong. I keep thinking I'm explaining something in a way that makes sense, but then the expression on the person's face is like... "what?" and I immediately realize that what I just said doesn't make sense!!

When does this drunken behavior start getting better?

My self esteem has completely dissapeared. 

For me this went away gradually. I didn't really have this symptom in waves like others, it just improved over time. But I know what you mean about not making sense or coming up with the right words. Very frustrating and embarrassing.  :-[

I agree star, it does not seem to come in waves, it's just there all the time. That's why I still have never actually felt "good" yet.

I can relate, I developed a "benzo slur" when I talk which is not that bad but kind of annoying.  Sometimes the stuff I say does not make any sense.  I think eventually it does go away, maybe being more conscientious about the way we are talking can help.

Yes excactly like Im drunk.

Words and thoughts inside out and back to front, very clumsy, cant walk a straight line, no co ordination, bad disorientation.

Honestly its a wonder I havent been arrested LOL

When I did drink this used to be funny But it sure as hell isnt now

All I have to say is I am glad I am not the only one. I am a very verbal, articulate person to begin with, so this is very depressing to me as well. I seriously want to be all "I swear I'm not as dumb as I sound right now." Plus my memory is shot at the moment. Grrr. I love you clarity, please come back! We need to quit picking on ourselves and find comfort in the fact that this is not our fault. Easier said than done right? :-X

What I write sounds so dumb.  Sometimes I go back later and change what I have written here at BB.  ;D

I get so frustrated when my husband doesn't understand what I mean....when I say the wrong thing.  :laugh: 

Really !  What is his problem ?  ::)

I used to be articulate, conversational, quick with the come-backs...not so after the benzos >:( Today, while trying to converse with Mom, I couldn't even 'think' of the most simple things--such as, I need ketchup...could not remember what it was called!!! Then I was trying to remember an episode from CSI Miami and could only remember Miami Vice(a show from years ago). I am constantly writing myself notes now...just to remember simple things. It's frustrating and even scary at times. BUT, hearing that it will get better with time is so reassuring...I like how Ben Zolo called this withdrawal stuff being "patiently tortured." It will get better, we know it will. Keep the Faith! :angel:

You made me laugh

I write notes and then cant remember where I have put them

I live alone an can go into a room and think who made the bed or why is that stuff there. I have to make light of it or I would really go nuts.

Its extra hard when I am in company as I really have to think( and thats not easy) so as I dont make a right fool of myself.

[f5...]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know this is really not funny, but just the way you put that Sunny..  it's funny.

What I write sounds so dumb.  Sometimes I go back later and change what I have written here at BB.   ;D

I get so frustrated when my husband doesn't understand what I mean....when I say the wrong thing.   :laugh: 

Really !  What is his problem ?   ::)