Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

help with taper

[no...]

Hi- Hopeful that the third time is the charm- I have begun my taper, but need some advice as to how to proceed. I am starting from .25 klonopin, 1x night dose. for a few days I have cut approx a fifth of the .25 off. Not very scientific, and already increase in my symptoms- was already in tolerance. How best to taper? My pilss are .50- so I am already cutting in half for the .25. How often to make cuts? Last go round I titrated when I got to .125 for about two weeks, but cannot remeber (benzo brain) how long I did the intial cuts to get to that point. At 8 wks I reinstated as the anx/dep were too much to handle with job and school.

Any advice very much welcome- Susan

Hi northofere:

You might want to consider liquid titration.  It's going to be hard to make cuts to your .25, especially if you are wanting to cut lower than .125.  You could liquid titrate your .25 dose over 100 days (or less).  A general guideline for cuts used here is about 10% every 7-14 days.  You can find info on the titration board http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0.

Draftsman