Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Can’t stop crying every day

[le...]

Just need some reassurance this will eventually stop. Been nearly 5 years since was Cold turkeyed and over 3 years since stopped the AAD’s. Last 2 weeks benn hell feel so depressed and keep bursting into tears so discernible trigger fir this. Is anyone else experiencing constant crying. Just started CBT whether it’s that she expects me to do lot more than I am capable of at moment. Wants me to go on AD’s but not taking any more SSRI’s made intrusive thoughts much worse.

In the past two years I've been the same. Sometimes it's for a reason, sometimes it's for no particular reason. It's exhausting. I'm almost 7.5 years off. We can get weird symptoms at any point in this. It sucks.

Thank you for replying feels very lonely when nobody responds. Sorry you are still suffering. Going try different AD’s for short while see if they help. As CBT doing nothing, think because she’s still training has unrealistic expectations of what I’m able to achieve. If I hear find your happy place again going to scream. I never used cry before this now turned into this wailing banshee some days😩

• Like 1

I think much of the crying is our brains healing. I don't think it's all situational. I think if I woke up feeling mostly healed tomorrow, the crying and most of the sadness would vanish into thin air.

• Like 2

In this 6th severe mental torture setback, I am now entering my 9th month with absolutely no windows EVER!  As of the last 3 weeks, my severe, gut wrenching crying jags have subsided.  They were every single day sometimes multiple times a day.

I still have all my other hellish symptoms...just the crying jags went away so far.

Thanks guys. had lot emotional stress as well last few years, so jyst hoping it’s way letting it all out and my brain is healing. Am thinking trying amitryptiline but won’t give it to me until talk psych, and can’t get appt until 2 weeks time. Think she’s being bloody minded because wanted stick me on anti psychotics and I refused. Very frustrating as Monday felt really good like the old me but by late evening was sobbing again😩

• 4 weeks later...

I usually cry at least once a day. Really started getting worse back in 2019. I'm having more nightmares now too, that trouble me deeply. I can't help my wife out, feel so bad I've let her down. It's caused me to lash out and I just think oh God what have I done. But I feel guilty about everything in what tells me I alone, failed to 'meet the challenges'. I do suspect there could a hereditary factor of where it could have come from. My mom had a nervous breakdown from deep depression when I was a kid, my older brother took his own life from anxiety/depression/torment, as did 2 cousins brother and sister. Other brother had panic attacks. I would also suggest guilt is the most singular danger to any kind of mental. I've suggested to therapists it (guilt) is a primary disorder but that has not been given much credence. Maybe will be long time before the idea comes of age. 

I’ve just started mirtazapine hoping it will help doesn’t seem to have horrendous side effects. I feel very guilty with what I’m putting my husband through, but we can’t help it. I do think mental health problems can run in families. I hate the crying I’m normally a really strong person, the therapist said it’s a way of letting out all the pent up emotions, from living with a really toxic mother.

I think if I woke up finally feeling better I would cry for hours out of joy.  In the meantime, I welcome my tears - this is a heartbreaking experience and grief has become my constant companion. Grief is healing. Just hang in there.

• Like 1