Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Perpetual Withdrawal

[So...]

My apologies to everyone. The sad truth is that it does not get better. It just becomes the new norm after taking "deadzos" for an extended period of time, then stopping or tapering, it does not matter. In keeping with the downer pill association, I will be the downer I created by taking the easy way out. Basically, I, and I can only guess, most everyone else that has found their search patterns to this site, will never be the same again. I am 55, stopped drinking at 43 started Xanax at 45 switched to Librium, then Valium etc.. My life at 55 would be so much better if the doctors that put me on them in the first place would just stop their one size fits all marching orders and prescribe a low dose of valium for the rest of my life. 

Logic and my argumentative common sense, tells me that, if I must take an 81mg aspirin, cholesterol, and blood pressure pill(s) every single day so that when the time comes, I might, survive a heart attack. Then, why can I not just have a valium everyday to help make the days a little bit better and keep my stress in check. They are so happy/willing to pass out all the SSRI's or SSNI's. I have a cabinet filled with Zoloft, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Calexa, Efforexor, Paxil, +, no kidding, the side effects from those have ruined me inside. I know this may all sound as if I am depressed or crazy, but I wasn't until a PCP and the US government decided that regardless of any person, individual situation or need, blanket marching orders are, destroy one, destroy them all. 

Again, I am 55, I have 20 years left in me at best with my family history, coupled with our current state of everything unrest in this wonderful patriotic country I live in. So just let me live my life. I pickup my heart meds every 28 days, add the 2mg Valium and you will never see me again. 

I would truly appreciate points/counter-points that are a step above the obvious. 

• Like 1

I am sorry you are struggling, but I respectfully disagree.  I was pre-diabetic and had high Cholesterol and BP.  I changed my diet (basically Keto) and started exercising (cardio) and lifting weights about 3 years ago.  I dropped 25lbs and at age 60 have a 5.5 A1C, normal BP and all of my blood markers all within normal ranges.  I take zero Rx medications.  IMO, western medicine is akin to a fast food drive through.  The idea is to get the patient in, prescribe an Rx drug to "treat" the condition and then send them on their way with no mention of diet or exercise.  Lifestyle changes can be super effective, but most people do not have the discipline to follow through so they rely on Rx drugs.  You do what is best for you.  Good luck.  Peace!

• Like 2

Hi everyone I've been taking 1mg clonazapam for about 7years for tmj it not working I'm in tolerance just started tapering but feel I'm in acute withdrawal can I c/,t? Also I was on 350mg pregablin but I've halved it in 3months only on it about 8months I'm on 100mg sertraline was on 50mgs for 3years And it was increased 6months ago.....I'm still in chronic pain the meds are not working and I want off as quickly as possible can I start reducing 175mg pregab and sertraline I'm so polypharmacey I feel ill. My gp won't help she just wants me stuck on these sorry if it's the wrong thread benzobrain I can't function 

Any ideas please confused😟🙏

• Like 1

I was on 1 mg clonazepam for anxiety and a slight tremor.  Please see my about me and history if interested (bottom of this reply).  I would never recommend Cold turkey off the C benzo after what I went through.  For me it was definitely a nightmare.  I still feel very lucky I was able to restart my prescription with my doc even though there are plenty of warnings about Kindling.  I don't know the extent of the damage done by my C.  I'm tapering very slowly, 6% a month, 3% every 2 weeks or so.  I don't have a set schedule, I go strictly by how I feel on when to taper again/how long to hold.

I think it's important to let folks know of any pre-existing health issues.  We aren't doctors, but some of us have at least personal experience to share that may help others.  Nutrition is one of the most important things for me to keep informed about, and also exercise, even just walks.  Some can't do certain exercises, or even feed themselves but anything normal you can do that you know is, or would be a healthy habit you can try. 

My benzo brain is improving, those receptors, GABA and Glutamine, those are the ones benzos affect.  Here's an article I try to share with everyone as it helps me so much to see what is going on with our Central Nervous System, and our brains, hoping and praying for the best for you, don't give up hope, be as patient with yourself as you would be with someone else suffering, Denise ❤️🙏🌹

About Me/History

What is Happening in My Brain, by Parker

Edited by [or...]

1 hour ago, [[m...] said:

Hi everyone I've been taking 1mg clonazapam for about 7years for tmj it not working I'm in tolerance just started tapering but feel I'm in acute withdrawal can I c/,t? Also I was on 350mg pregablin but I've halved it in 3months only on it about 8months I'm on 100mg sertraline was on 50mgs for 3years And it was increased 6months ago.....I'm still in chronic pain the meds are not working and I want off as quickly as possible can I start reducing 175mg pregab and sertraline I'm so polypharmacey I feel ill. My gp won't help she just wants me stuck on these sorry if it's the wrong thread benzobrain I can't function 

Any ideas please confused😟🙏

I have to add sometimes because my brain isn't firing at 100% either:idiot: I've had to do one thing at a time, if you are taking several meds, I would choose just one to start tapering first.  Others here have poly-drugged and can help with that.  I only have the one to deal with.  It's a long, and tiring process, but there's a light at the end of my tunnel, and those that have been in the same boat as you are, can help.  I will give you a link to a search I 'll do for poly-drugs and paste below.  Just because you can't figure it out, don't lose any of the info if you can help it.  It may dawn on you later.  That's what's happening for me :)  Also, if your doctor is open to allowing you to taper according to what your body is telling you, that is the best way for me, it has been as he tapering me way too fast and I had a some sort of issue, my whole left side went numb for 3 days.  That was now 3 Summers ago and my left arm still has numbness.

Please don't try to get off a benzo too fast just to be done with it.  I doubt anyone here would recommend CT, only at the very least, and steeper taper for those on a benzo for a very short time, like a couple weeks or maybe a month.  You can still experience some heavy wd sxs even then on some benzos.

I honestly couldn't find much, but this thread looked to be the best you might try:

Polydrugging Info

Hi Denise how are you doing? I stopped reading bc it’s becoming so hard but I wanted to know how you are doing and what milligram are you on now? How much did you cut? 

denise I just read up on his you are above and I’ll be looking at your history too. ♥️

Hope all is well.♥️

Edited by Guest