Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Fever

Does anyone else here experience low-grade fever every day/night? Is this from withdrawals from Klonopin? Every day for about 2 hours and every night for about 3 hours I get fever--sometimes up to 99.8. This scares me. I'm actually hoping it's a withdrawal symptom. Thanks, T2

[19...]

Hi there,

Sometimes I have a temperature spike, but it's quick.

Yes, 99.8, that seems to be where I have caught mine as well.

I wonder why 99.8?

Sometimes I have caught it at 96.8, my temperature is all over the place.

Upon awakening, a few times, I have caught it at a lower temp. but as the day goes by, it fluctuates back to normal.

Sigma.

Hi,

I used to get a low grade-fever several times during withdrawals. It would come and go for no apparent reason, like yours, each episode didn't last very long. In my case, it definiately was related to the withdrawals. 

If you have concerns, or the temp. takes a different course, you may want to consult your doctor.

pj

I was so scared about it but now see other have. Sometimes I just have that feeling that I have fever and like I have flu. And sometimes is around 37.1 or 37 C (that is around 99)

Marija

I have been having low-grade fevers since the end of May. I'm still not sure if it's WD or a sinus thing for me. I hope whatever it's from it goes away soon for all of us :)

I get low-grade fever spikes too. They don't seem to last very long, and until I found this site I could find no reason to suspect it was a result of benzo withdrawal (in my case for several years as I rarely took a consistent dose of klonopin). Sometimes it gets to 100.5, but more often is around 99.9. I used to think I was getting these 24 hour bugs ALL THE TIME...now I realize it is most likely just benzo if it goes back to normal soon, which it almost always does.

Libby