Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

rocking boat sensation and akathisia after using ambien 9 times

[Ja...]

its been a month now since i took my last ambien..a week after that i took a testosterone shot that amped every thing up..alot of my Symptoms have died down..i am getting a lot of windows does that mean im getting better..how long can this last 

Hello @[Ja...] - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  I'm glad your symptoms have eased up and you're getting a lot of windows.  Your symptoms may very well have been made more intense by the effect of the testosterone shot.  There's really know way of predicting what the trajectory of your healing will look like.  Healing from benzos tends to not take a linear path - instead symptoms tend to come and go with some symptoms disappearing and reappearing and sometimes new ones popping up out of nowhere.  I saw your previous post in which you said you've withdrawn from benzos previously so you probably know this from previous experience. Hopefully your symptoms won't rev up again and you'll continue to have a lot of windows but if your symptoms do return I hope you'll remind yourself that it's normal for healing to take an erratic path.  it may be rough for a while but it doesn't mean you're not healing.  Hang in there - you've been through this before and you will get through it again.

4 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hello @[Ja...] - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  I'm glad your symptoms have eased up and you're getting a lot of windows.  Your symptoms may very well have been made more intense by the effect of the testosterone shot.  There's really know way of predicting what the trajectory of your healing will look like.  Healing from benzos tends to not take a linear path - instead symptoms tend to come and go with some symptoms disappearing and reappearing and sometimes new ones popping up out of nowhere.  I saw your previous post in which you said you've withdrawn from benzos previously so you probably know this from previous experience. Hopefully your symptoms won't rev up again and you'll continue to have a lot of windows but if your symptoms do return I hope you'll remind yourself that it's normal for healing to take an erratic path.  it may be rough for a while but it doesn't mean you're not healing.  Hang in there - you've been through this before and you will get through it again.

thank u..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

its been 2 months now since i took 9 ambiens and a testosterone shot i really dont know witch one caused this i in bad shap some things has improved like my blood pressure im getting out a little better but i have alot of raceing crazy thoughts my brain cant keep up..i have lots of back pain my muscles  tince up and twinches and akathisia at times ..i feel like i loosing my mind..i been taking remeron for 10 years i woundering if it could be that..this problem didnt happen until i took the ambien and testosterone shot..i really hope its not from the remeron.. 

IMO, I highly doubt the testosterone caused this?  Your symptoms are very consistent with Ambien, which is basically a "baby" Benzo or Benzo in disguise.  They say Ambien doesn't work on GABA like Benzos, but too many people on this forum encountered the same symptoms and withdrawal as Benzos after coming off of it.  I doubt it's the remeron/Mirtazepine, but that's a possibility?  Regardless, your symptoms should ease up and fade over time.  Time is the healer.