Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

reinstated after 15 days not feeling good

i reinstated 2 days ago. decided to try to taper slower. went from 1mg to .25mg in a yr.  Dr. adviced .25 everyother day and .25mg every third day did that.  stopped and wasnt ready at all for the shock to my system.  took .25mg Friday night.  Felt better but got a weird all over high go through my body for about 5min that night, kinda freaked me out.  Last night the high hit me again and i must say im a little worried.  just want some thoughts from people who have some insight into this...thanks

[fc...]

If I were you, I'd hold at .25 since you've been at this dose for some time...see if you can stabilize at .25 for 2 weeks to a month's time.

Once stable, I would try to liquid titrate off of the remaining .25mg, as opposed to dry cutting, or to cross to 5mg of Valium and use the liquid Valium to get you off of the last bit.

Once stable on the .25mg for 2 weeks to a month, your symptoms should level out some and then you can post in the titration section for some help on how to get off of the last .25mg. I think you'll find it easier to titrate off of the last bit...

I hope this helped. Hang in there...

Much love, Nicole

Howie,

I agree with Nicole.  I  also think your doc gave you wrong advice to take k every other day.  (when I was trying to get off myself, I did that too, and the w/d symptoms were pretty fierce.)

What also seemed to help me stabilize was to divide my dose and take it every twelve hours.  I had less symptoms, and I believe my titration went more smoothly after I did.

Whatever you choose, I do hope you feel better soon,

itzsweird

Totally agree with the others.

Benzo w/d is a rocky ride. I figured I should keep my blood level of drug as even as possible, thus the twice daily dosing. Stablize and then try again, slowly, and you'll make it! Yeah, the doctor's taper plan . . .  something out of La La Land. Know all about it.