Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

4.5 months Free

[mt...]

HI all

I am almost at 5 months free of my Valium taper.  I am happy to report that I am going quite well and enjoying life.  I am sleeping 8-9 hours each night.  I do wake up for bathroom breaks but that is inevitable as I am still drinking a ton of water.  My only remaining s/x is an extremely mild sense of those old early morning adrenaline rushes.  They only last a few moments until I wake up completely and then all is gone and I feel back to my old self.  No anxiety or any other w/d symptoms.  I am now able to take vitamins and protein shakes so I am slowly making small strides in reclaiming my health.  Something I will never take for granted ever again!

I bought a new bicycle and have been riding a few miles each day.  It is SO fun and while even the slightest incline is a challenge to my poor underused muscles I can't express the thrill I feel once I am flying down hill with the wind blowing through my hair.  Last summer I was so sick and I would dream of being able to run and play in the outdoors.  So dreams do come true and I wanted to remind you all that this nightmare will end for all of you as well. 

We do heal-this is not permanent.  Be gentle- love yourself.  You are the only one that will get you through these trying days.  Take it one tiny cut at a time...they all add up over time and once it is all over you will emerge -a wiser stronger person-grateful and deeply apreciative for the smaller things in life!

My heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery to all!

Mimi 

Congratulations on almost 5 months free  :yippee:

I'm glad to see that you're doing so well, that's a testimony to a proper taper. At 5 months out I was so miserable still. Congrats on conquering the beast!

Star

Congratulations Mimi :)

It sounds like things are going really well for you which is awesome! Have fun with the bike riding and I hope your last few sx's leave soon. Take care  :thumbsup:

Jeff M.

[dd...]

Thank you for taking the time to write a success story. We need those so desperately around here...

Congratulations on your Benzo freedom and I wish you a happy, healthy life from here forward.

Best of luck to you.

Much love, Nicole

You're my hero mimi. I'm so happy that life is getting back to normal for you.

I've been following your advice and making those tiny cuts and it has been working for me. I hope to join you on the other side sometime in September.

Love,

Leslie

Congratulations Mimi,

so happy to hear that you are doing so well. The best is yet to come!

Take care,

Lida

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, mimi.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Greeting%20Cards/Happy%20Birthday%20and%20Good%20Job/th7d381ffe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations mimi,

Good to know you are doing so good almost five months out....keep up the good work and feel healthy....

Gail  "Thunder"

Congratulations Mimi - I wish I had known of your story with the tiny cuts before I did my taper....went too fast, paying for it still!!!!!  So happy that there seems to be a "right" way to do this and glad you found it.....enjoy your new life.

Love Hoping2bFree

Thanks everyone!

I continue to feel better and better each week.  I am riding my bike and swimming in the pool each day and am able to take ALL my vitamins with NO reactions.  I whip around cleaning the house like crazy and really feel like I am getting back to my old self (80-90% back).  Still think of my friends here and come back for visits to see how everyone is faring...

Each night as I drift off to sleep I say a prayer for all of my dear BB's that are still on the path to freedom and wellness. 

Keep going, stay strong, be kind to yourself.  You will be well again!

Love

Mimi

Hi Mimi -

I am 3 months off and struggling terribly.  Your story gives me hope.  Thank you for the post!

Billwill