Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ready? Another wacko symptom: swollen big toes...Could use your input!

OMG, yet another strange symptom:  the sides of my big toes (yes, both of them) are exhibiting bony prominences which appear white under the skin.  These toes have been broken in the past, but the excess bone or inflammation or whatever is new since going c/t off Klonopin.  These toes swing from sore to numb and tingling; ditto for the soles of the feet.  If it's of any help and/or related, I have also been experiencing foot and leg cramping, particularly at night.

I can only hope these are passing symptoms. *sigh* 

I would be very grateful for any input you Buddies can offer.

Thanks, and be well.

Buddy

I don't recall seeing anything about toe problems but it wouldn't surprise me to be a symptom.

Regarding the muscle cramping, do you feel you get enough water? A lack of water can cause cramping too, along with maybe some magnesium.

I hope you get relief soon.

Star

Thank you so much for the reassuring post, Star!  Fingers crossed...the detox seems to hav unleashed the furies in me!

Buddy

I also have similar problems, my toes and fingers hurt like they have arthritis. One of my thumbs have a slight growth on the side of the joint and it has a white spot in the middle of it. I dont know if it is from benzos but it would be very assuring if more people had it. I wouldnt be surprised to find out that it is benzos.  dub

[83...]

Hi Buddy,

At one point I did have problems with my toes.  It seemed like the were crossing on their own.  It really hurt, its hard to describe the pain, but it was kind of like a numbness.  I also had tons of tingling on my feet and legs.  I also had this in my fingers.  It felt like something was pulling them.  They would get swollen as well.   Sorry you are going through this, it will pass with time.

SoCalRob

I had big toe pain very bad.Also my toe nails turned gray,have ridges deep in them.my big toe nails felt like splinters were being pushed under them.It lasted for about 4 weeks.I found a few other people with this symptom.knowing that made me not worry.hope this helps...oh i also had skin on my big toe molt.

Aching toes and feet seem to be one of the longest lasting symptoms for me.  Maybe they always ached and I was just too miserable with all the other stuff to notice.

ntw