Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Thinking about traveling...

[kn...]

After not going anywhere for almost a year, my wife and I have three big travel events in the coming months:  a land mark birthday for her,  our 50th wedding anniversary, and a trip out of state over Christmas.  I suppose that I should be looking forward to these, but I don't trust "what condition my condition is in" very much.  There are starting to be a few breaks in my taper haze, but of course, I never know if and when things will go south.  The first two of these ventures are car trips of less than two hours, the one out of state is a plane ride that will only take about an hour and a half, but if you add up the trip to the terminal, parking, getting our luggage to the check in, masking up (friends are still coming down with Covid  all the time), going through the inspection line, etc., well you get it...  Fortunately, I have a handicapped parking permit now, I will make requests for handicapped assistance at both ends (wheel chair assistance and the whole bit), and we paid for, and have been vetted for pre TSA.  I was such a mess last time we did this that I scheduled an appointment with my therapist just before.  I had to use hiking poles to get into her office, but once there, she took pity on me and helped me plan and finally carry out the whole thing.  Forever grateful.  My old psychiatrist was never this helpful; didn't even believe that the symptoms I reported could have anything to do benzo WD (I have a new one now, psychiatrist that is).  So... who knows, but I'm going to go for it.  Keep us in your thoughts.  If you're a meditator like I am, put it out to the consciousness of the universe.  There's harmony there.