Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Thinking of going to .125 xanax tomorrow -someone check my numbers please

[Th...]

I have taken .25 for approximately a couple of weeks and am going to TRY to go to .125 tomorrow.  I am a little nervous doing this.  I have 0.5 pills and can't get the .25 - I can't get an appointment with the doctor (apn) that prescribes these.  I am taking 1/2 pill and going to 1/4 pill tomorrow.  I guess I will try to titrate this. 

If I remember, I place a half pill in a glass of milk/water/orange juice/gatorade - (all okay)? - and drink half of that?  That way I will ingest .125 if I figured this correctly.

Gail  "This too shall pass"

[7c...]
If I remember, I place a half pill in a glass of milk/water/orange juice/gatorade - (all okay)? - and drink half of that?  That way I will ingest .125 if I figured this correctly.

1/2 x 0.5 = 0.25 into a glass, drink 1/2 = 0.125.

:)

S#,

Thanks and I guess if I can manage, I can cut a pill into a half; then a quarter and take that?  I am wondering if I can cut the quarter in half to take two times through the day?

Gail  "This too shall pass".

[7c...]

S#,

Thanks and I guess if I can manage, I can cut a pill into a half; then a quarter and take that?  I am wondering if I can cut the quarter in half to take two times through the day?

Gail   "This too shall pass".

Thanks and I guess if I can manage, I can cut a pill into a half; then a quarter and take that?

Yes.

I am wondering if I can cut the quarter in half to take two times through the day?

Cut the .125 in half ?

1/2 x 0.125 = 0.0625.

Is this what you're asking?

You could, yes, do you have a good pill cutter to do it?

Hi S#,

Yes, I do have a pill cutter and will attempt that.  If not, I will do the titration with the 1/2 pill - .25 and drink half which will be .125.  I have a time figuring this out....and I did accounting for forty two years....lol....

I know I am going to attempt to take 1/4 of 0.5 tomorrow.  As a matter of fact, so far today I have taken .125 or 1/4 of a 0.5 and feeling okay as of now and hopefully have already started this.  If I remain feeling okay, I will take .125 at the same time tomorrow.  I think it is going to get really hard when I get to .0625 - 1/2 of a 1/4 of a 0.5 xanax -

I am ready to say goodbye to the benzos.  Next one is the welbrutin....

Thanks, S#.

I took .125 Saturday and slipped back Sunday and took .25 however I am on .125 today.  I found that the weekends are difficult to start a new taper as there is too much b.s. going on with friends and family.  I do better when I don't have to deal with people.  I started today and don't plan on going backwards again.  I will take this for approximately three weeks - unless anyone thinks I should take it for a lesser time? - and then go to .0625 and titrate for a couple weeks and then JUMP!  I can't wait to JUMP and pray it all goes okay.

I am holding at .125 and have no intentions of going backwards.  I see my therapist next week and I hope when I go, I can tell her I am down to .0625.

[7c...]

Gail,

You have tapered rather quickly, but you're doing a good job.

If you feel like you need to hold the dose, then hold it.

Sometimes we have too.

S#

Hi S#,

I started in March of this year.  I am not sure how long you are supposed to "hold" for each decrease in milligrams.  Thanks for saying I am doing a good job.

I keep very busy and think that has a lot to do with this.  I don't focus on symptoms or whatever. 

Thanks S#.

I am holding at .125 and should go to .0625 on approximately July 11, 2011 as that is around two weeks.  Is that the right amount of time and I started tapering initially in March.

I am hoping to go to .0625 milligrams tomorrow for a couple of weeks and then jump.

I started in March 2011 and this is approximately four months.  I will probably titrate as I don't think I can cut the pills into 1/8 however will try. 

Everyone here has helped me a lot.

You and I are tapering from the same thing, but I was taking more in dose and am going a little bit slower with my taper. I've read that going down to the lowest dose you can helps lessen the blow once you jump. I've also read that people jump at .125mg. That's where I plan to jump. Either if you jump from .125mg or titrate down from .0625mg, the drug will ultimately be out of your system one day and then true healing begins.