Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Any Input on Hydroxyzine?

[El...]

6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

OIC @[El...]. I don't think you are broken. Natural sleep should return. Prior to starting the Ambien for sleep, how much were you sleeping? Was there a time in your life where you went from sleeping normally to not being able to sleep adequately where things got so bad until you sought medical treatment and a doctor prescribed the Ambien to you?

@[An...], I started Ambien to help me with the later stages of my taper (started in April and finished my Flurazepam taper in July). So I was not sleeping great before I started Ambien. Yes, I used to sleep great early in my career, about 30 years ago. Then, I started using Hydroxyzine for several years and graduated to Flurazepam about 18 years ago. And here we are.

2 hours ago, [[E...] said:

@[An...], I started Ambien to help me with the later stages of my taper (started in April and finished my Flurazepam taper in July). So I was not sleeping great before I started Ambien. Yes, I used to sleep great early in my career, about 30 years ago. Then, I started using Hydroxyzine for several years and graduated to Flurazepam about 18 years ago. And here we are.

OIC, got it now. I think I was confusing you with Jerry here bc I thought you were on the Ambien 1st. I think your sleep will return after some time elapses and the Hydroxyzine should help some while natural sleep slowly returns. Congrats on the benzo detox. You have already overcome the biggest hurdle in your quest for natural sleep restoration.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, [[E...] said:

@[...], I feel like all I do is worry about everything! It seems to be my natural state in 2023. Thank you for your good advice. May I ask how long it took you to recover your natural sleep? Did you ever build a tolerance to Hydroxyzine? Also, what forum are you referring to in your message?

@[El...], worry is our common friend for the time being) I didn't have any tolerance to Hydroxyzine. I took it like aspirin. In fact, i'm afraid of aspirin much more. My natural sleep still isn't excellent but i sleep. I don't work yet and i can imagine how important it is for you now. I think it's ok to try hydroxyzine especially only twice a week. Our local forum is a forum at my place where local benzobuddies have been sharing their experience for 7 years. There are fewer people there but it is simpler and cozier)

Good luck with your recovery and job)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1