Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is healing happening?

[Lo...]

Just seeking some reassurance and hope 🙏 Does anyone feel like they are healing even though at one point it seemed impossible and completely out of reach? 

• Like 1

Hello @[Lo...],

I think a lot of us felt healing was out of reach at some point. However, I think healing takes place all the time. There are processes going on that we can’t feel, repair work so to speak. My mantra throughout this process was ‘What I’m feeling is my healing’. There is always hope as well as belief in healing. :smitten:

• Like 3

I feel I'm healing with each cut, each adjustment, my receptors and neurotransmitters are re-balancing. There are ups and downs, but I am moving forward in a positive direction. It can only get better!

@[pi...] Thanks for your reply - I love your mantra!  I'm fairly early on in this journey and am petrified of being protracted.  I'm 11 months off a CT after relatively short term use.  I have had no windows and my symptoms are all physical esp. Indescribable brain sensations - just seems like it will never end.  I guess I just need to hold on to hope 🙏

• Sad 1

The homstasis (body systems equlibrium) is constantly working to bring your whole body back to a healthy condition. Of course it may take time and it depends of a lot of factors: How you treated it thru the years ,how fit you are or what you feed it with and that includes medications. It tries to adapt to those conditions reacting acordingly. Some of those reactions are harsh on you phisically and mentally. Clasic example is the itching sensation when a wound is healing but sometimes very bad when GABA reseptors are downgraded due to benzos consumption like in our case.  Still it tries to get those reseptors back constantly but we have to help it. So, yes ! we still heal while tapering and more during cessation. We just have to help being patient eating and doing the right things.

Edited by [mi...]
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I feel I'm healing with each cut, each adjustment, my receptors and neurotransmitters are re-balancing. There are ups and downs, but I am moving forward in a positive direction. It can only get better!

@[Be...] Thanks for your reply.  I'm so glad you're feeling positive with your progress.  I hope things continue to get better for you.  Unfortunately I was CTd 11 months ago and not feeling any improvements - yet.  My poor brain has a lot of readjustment to do and I feel it intensely every minute of every day 😪

2 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

The homstasis (body systems equlibrium) is constantly working to bring your whole body back to a healthy condition. Of course it may take time and it depends of a lot of factors: How you treated it thru the years ,how fit you are or what you feed it with and that includes medications. It tries to adapt to those conditions reacting acordingly. Some of those reactions are harsh on you phisically and mentally. Clasic example is the itching sensation when a wound is healing but sometimes very bad when GABA reseptors are downgraded due to benzos consumption like in our case.  Still it tries to get those reseptors back constantly but we have to help it. So, yes ! we still heal while tapering and more during cessation. We just have to be patient eating and doing the right things.

@[mi...]Thanks so much for your reassuring response.  Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to taper.  I CTd 11 months ago after short term use.  Have been in a very bad way (mostly physical symptoms) ever since.  No windows.  It just seems hard to believe that this will ever end.  Im living a very clean lifestyle/diet.  I Just need to try and trust in the process 🙏

36 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[Be...] Thanks for your reply.  I'm so glad you're feeling positive with your progress.  I hope things continue to get better for you.  Unfortunately I was CTd 11 months ago and not feeling any improvements - yet.  My poor brain has a lot of readjustment to do and I feel it intensely every minute of every day 😪

CT is a different animal because the huge adjustment. One of the mods CT'd, I believe and has healed. I hope she steps in with some reassurance.  There is healing, but it takes time. Have you read the success stories? They are very inspiring, especially when you feel hopeless. 

59 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[pi...] Thanks for your reply - I love your mantra!  I'm fairly early on in this journey and am petrified of being protracted.  I'm 11 months off a CT after relatively short term use.  I have had no windows and my symptoms are all physical esp. Indescribable brain sensations - just seems like it will never end.  I guess I just need to hold on to hope 🙏

Hi @[Lo...], I quit cold turkey too and I only had one window, it lasted just a few seconds as I was climbing my stairs.  I’ve noticed a few members who quit this way mention they don’t get windows, it doesn’t mean you aren’t recovering, you are. 

11 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[Lo...], I wasn’t well at 11 months. Part of me was thrilled to be over a year away from benzos,  but it was still easy to get discouraged. A lot of excellent healing took place the second year. Yes, some strong waves, but I think my system was working really hard to find balance. It did. BYW, once out of acute, my symptoms were all physical as well. We have to remember what efficient muscle and nerve relaxers benzos are. It takes time for the body to do this naturally, without chemical help. :smitten:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi @[Lo...], I quit cold turkey too and I only had one window, it lasted just a few seconds as I was climbing my stairs.  I’ve noticed a few members who quit this way mention they don’t get windows, it doesn’t mean you aren’t recovering, you are. 

@[Pa...]Thanks for the reassurance.  Are you recovered now? 

12 hours ago, [[p...] said:

@[Lo...], I wasn’t well at 11 months. Part of me was thrilled to be over a year away from benzos,  but it was still easy to get discouraged. A lot of excellent healing took place the second year. Yes, some strong waves, but I think my system was working really hard to find balance. It did. BYW, once out of acute, my symptoms were all physical as well. We have to remember what efficient muscle and nerve relaxers benzos are. It takes time for the body to do this naturally, without chemical help. :smitten:

@[pi...] I'm so glad you are healing 🙏  Thanks again for the reassurance 🥰

21 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[Pa...]Thanks for the reassurance.  Are you recovered now? 

Yes, @[Lo...], I’ve been recovered since 2008, life has been so good since I recovered from this nightmare.

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Yes, @[Lo...], I’ve been recovered since 2008, life has been so good since I recovered from this nightmare.

@[Pa...]That is fantastic - so happy for you!  Thanks for staying in the forum all this time and encouraging/reassuring people 🙏  I'm feeling utterly wrecked as a write this but I'm pushing myself to get out for a walk in nature and practice some positive self talk. Need to keep the faith! 

• Like 1