Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

a long wave due to physical stress?

[Ka...]

I have been in a wave for over 10 days now. I suppose one of the causes is exhaustion due to housework. It was too much for my current capacity to deal with, and I felt energy loss. Is such long wave common due to physical stress?  I I'd appreciate your feedback if you have same experiences.

Hello @[Ka...] - yes, absolutely, we know that stress of all kinds can lead to an uptick/intensification of symptoms or a wave.  It can be due to an illness, for example, overdoing exercise, friction with other people, etc.  I'm not surprised at all the you have a wave after exhaustion due to housework.  I had similar experiences when I was going through withdrawal.  In my opinion we need to be very careful not to push ourselves too hard during withdrawal for this very reason.  The good news is that the wave will pass.  

• Like 1

Thank you for relating to me and saying that it will pass,@Brighterday. I wanted to go forward and get closer to the sate of normal, comparing with my old days, so might have pushed myself too hard. I did not want to think "I can't". 

I feel awful from mornings to 3-4pm, and start to feel a bit better from evenings. Did you have this pattern of symptoms?  

Edited by [Ka...]

@[Ka...]- I am starting just to come out of a wave myself that last 4 days. It was not as intense as I am use to, but at some moments it can be. The thing that triggered me was a new pair of eye glasses. Yes, as small as that sounds, I went to get my new eye glasses and they had messed up my lenses. So this meant the next day I had to drive to the location and have them test my glasses to figure out why they were messing with my vision. Then, I started with the looping thoughts. I started worrying if this was all the detox and if I was just overreacting. What is there was nothing wrong with my glasses?  Next was a panic if I would have to pay to get my eyes tested and so on. The next few days I was easily annoyed and sent into a panic. I got some pretty good sleep last night and I think it is finally dissipating. This was a trigger and it was something so miniscule. I hope this story helps in some way. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, [[K...] said:

I feel awful from mornings to 3-4pm, and start to feel a bit better from evenings. Did you have this pattern of symptoms?  

Yes, I had this pattern but mine lasted into the evening.  Eventually the symptoms eased up.  I hope you wave passes soon.

• Love 1

On 05/10/2023 at 23:17, [[A...] said:

@[Ka...]- I am starting just to come out of a wave myself that last 4 days. It was not as intense as I am use to, but at some moments it can be. The thing that triggered me was a new pair of eye glasses. Yes, as small as that sounds, I went to get my new eye glasses and they had messed up my lenses. So this meant the next day I had to drive to the location and have them test my glasses to figure out why they were messing with my vision. Then, I started with the looping thoughts. I started worrying if this was all the detox and if I was just overreacting. What is there was nothing wrong with my glasses?  Next was a panic if I would have to pay to get my eyes tested and so on. The next few days I was easily annoyed and sent into a panic. I got some pretty good sleep last night and I think it is finally dissipating. This was a trigger and it was something so miniscule. I hope this story helps in some way. 

I thought my eye vision issue was only my mystery. I was panic too as everything on computer screen looked blur one day suddenly.  Today my anxiety is horrible and unstoppable from another stress. It has caused me another wave. This is my awful pattern. 😞😥 It complicates the wave which my habit caused this time. I wont worry about anything for now, and believe effects of sleep, and my body can repair myself. Thank you for relating to me, AmusingMiss. Much healing to you.

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Yes, I had this pattern but mine lasted into the evening.  Eventually the symptoms eased up.  I hope you wave passes soon.

I have days like that, too. Thank you, I will believe my body can modify my system.  

On 06/10/2023 at 10:39, [[K...] said:

I thought my eye vision issue was only my mystery. I was panic too as everything on computer screen looked blur one day suddenly.  Today my anxiety is horrible and unstoppable from another stress. It has caused me another wave. This is my awful pattern. 😞😥 It complicates the wave which my habit caused this time. I will worry about anything for now, and believe effects of sleep, and my body can repair myself. Thank you for relating to me, AmusingMiss. Much healing to you.

😮‍💨 Friday I had to go to the tax collectors office to get my car registered/ transferee. Big break through. I was an intense “physical “ panic but I reminded myself it was just the WD. 10 minutes later it went a away from the intense palpitations and other symptoms. By the time I drove home I was back to “normal”. I wanted to share this with you because the past few days have been great. Last week was poop. Things get better. Our bodies are learning! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I’m feeling now I’m not alone in this journey. It means a lot to me. 
Can anybody share with me your tips of how to cope with housework easier during withdrawals? It’s hard for me to manage all especially cooking and cleaning because of energy loss. I started to use a chair in my kitchen when I cook, and use kitchen tools as less as possible to wash but still exhausting.  I’m thinking of asking help for volunteers but maybe they are not available in my city. 

Edited by [Ka...]

Hi Kay 156 I sometimes think is it because I'm a twin and we were very small 2ld each just after the war when diets were not too good then all the trauma and wrong marriage bringing up my son's alone both are doing well they live a long way from me and since my acciden 5yrsvago I don't see them. I don't think of them anymore but I miss my grandkids it's been a long hard life I need to recoup some of my energy and as I live alone I can do what I want when I want I manage some housework but not much I miss my walking and the people I use to meet any the odd cow and bull that sometimes used to chase us my twin is active and thick skinned and very slim I've inherited my mus shape child bearing hips and dolly parton chest..... 

Take care heal soon 🙏

Hi,mermaild, thank you for visiting my thread, I miss my close people,too, and my active days like my sister is now. I was away from her at the beginning of w/d. Now we were back to be like old days, but I am so depressed to know I still am not ready for being active. I am laying down in my bed now due to energy loss, and depression, feeling sick in my stomach. Not willing to meet anyone. These are throwing me into full of anxiety. That is great that you can do what you want, I am thinking about asking housekeeping agency as I feel I have to solve this physical burdens that have hindered my resilience.  Thank you for reading. Much healing to you,too.

Edited by [Ka...]