Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Questions

[...]

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with using other meds for sleep while tapering off valium? If this is not a good idea please explain. I know that no one here can give medical advise so I'm asking fir personal experiences? Thanks

Hello @[...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Are you are already tapering off Valium? Please let us know if you need any help with that.

As for other meds to help with sleep, it would best to start a thread on the Insomnia, Depression & Anxiety forum. I have experience of using Atarax to help with sleep - which I will save for a new thread - and I am sure many other members will have experiences and suggestions for you too.

Also,

I am currently doing a food detox to get my body as healthy as possible. When that is finished I plan to start reducing the v again. Last attempt at a quarter pill a day (yellow) left me with severe tinitis anxiety sleeplessness and depression. So I had to take a break. Prior to that I seemed to be doing well titration with liquid. Got down to 1/3 tablet a day without any symptoms other than sleeplesness.

What is your daily dose of Valium? What dose are the pills? Do you take just once per day, or do your split up your daily dose into two or more doses?

Ove been taking ad much as .5 to 20-40 mgs for about a week and then switching to something else to help sleep and titration off the valium slowly. Last time got down to 1 3rd of a 5 mg a day and was doing well till I got to the 3 week mark. Then felt all the tinitis and depression anxiety etc. Scared to death to go without sleep. Feel so miserable. Maybe tomorrow I will start again and get as low as I can and just jump from there. It would be 1.7 mgs. Is that too high? It helps so much having you guys to talk to. I don't feel so alone in this journey. Thank you. I'm scared. I only have about 90 left and there's no guarantee I will get more.

Also I think I will split daily doses. I was just doing once a day but w the Klonipin I did 3 times a day. I had a completely smooth no bad affects when I came off the k. It took me 250 days but 0 withdrawal that way. Titration in milk and dosed 3x a day