Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My symptoms

[Wi...]

I hate what I am experiencing. I read through pages and pages and it seems I have more RLS than aka because I can not relate to the terror pacing stuff (thankfully and I hope it doesn’t go that way). Whatever the name this does happen in legs at night (not every day), not only though, and it makes me have to move them but there is no terror or anything. There is just this weird pressure building up when I don’t move them and it makes sleeping hard but I do sleep. I also get buzzing, tingling and aching in the legs sometimes, usually after these nights when I move them. But again, it’s not terror at all. Just annoying as hell. The other issues I have:

- terrible and weird pain and pressure in my neck, shoulders and upper back, extending to arms, they hurt so much but it’s not like muscles, no idea what, when it happens I try to massage this out, because it almost helps but not really, I believe the head pressure I get has developed on top of that. My upper body seems to be rock hard. I think from that causes the pain feeling like a toothache in my body, deep and gnawing, I can barely do anything with my arms when it hits. When I use my arms it’s like a wave of pain builds up. If I only had that symptom I would say it’s fibromyalgia. It makes me want to be completely still.

- Head pressure with weird brain sensations, when it happens my head will finally send jolts down my body to relieve the tension I think, I feel dizzy, floaty, back of my head is very tight, tingly, pins and needles to the max

- some days this horrible low grade burning inside like my soul is on fire and weird electric sensations in nerves, feel low level electrocuted and when it’s combined with head pressure I can have a terrible electric jolt from my brain down, like someone tried to rescue me with AED, after the „burning day” I usually get weird non-anxious buzzing and pins and needles like there is a hive of angry bees under my skin that not necessarily sting but just buzz and buzz, usually after a while of this biting begins and it’s a bit painful (this is all such a foreign sensation)

- the weird electric jolts from my head down into my body, like my brain drops, sometimes like a bolt of lightning, sometimes like a wave of fire, but this usually happens a few times when I feel head pressure and then it calms down, those are some surges but hard to say if it’s adrenaline or what, doesn’t make my heart race but leaves me terrified, feels like a seizure, it’s my worst issue 

- Inner vibrations sometimes generalised, sometimes localised, feeling a bit revved from time to time especially when I am woken up at night suddenly but they happen randomly during the day

- weird sensations in some muscles, wandering over my body, like tightening, just get aware of a muscle and it’s distressing when it happens in my ribs for example because it feels like  I imagine MS hug to feel, sometimes the muscle will tingle and burn and feel squeezed, sometimes it is connected with some adrenaline shooting to that place, especially when it’s the stomach

- Weird feeling in my nerve endings, like my nerves are exposed and I cannot tolerate some textures such as towels because they almost hurt my skin

- Paresthesias (some aren’t as frequent, some visit more, but in general that has been better)

All of these symptoms come and go. 

All in all, it’s like my CNS is horribly dysregulated. I hate that it has not gotten any better since it all began and everything just seems to be building up. 

Leaving it here, maybe someone will relate. 

Edited by [Wi...]

I am on nothing since Feb 21. I had adverse reactions to drugs back then and then I had worse reactions to non psych meds.

I’ve had all of these symptoms that you describe and they’ve all calmed down considerably. Not completely, but not near as traumatizing and torturous as it was before. I like to think of it as one dendrite and synapse healing at a time. The existing tinnitus is empty space still filling with re-established connections and once broken thoughts and memories. It’s a lot to process. Also, thinking in terms of how we are all just forms of energy down to the molecular level and seeing that in every aspect of the universe. It’s quite a transformation to experience, and makes us rather special. Just takes awhile to see the positive in such a challenging state. 

Just for reference, my last benzo anniversary will be 4 years at the end of November. Last psychotropic is at about 3.5 years. 

You can do this! 

15 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I’ve had all of these symptoms that you describe and they’ve all calmed down considerably. Not completely, but not near as traumatizing and torturous as it was before. I like to think of it as one dendrite and synapse healing at a time. The existing tinnitus is empty space still filling with re-established connections and once broken thoughts and memories. It’s a lot to process. Also, thinking in terms of how we are all just forms of energy down to the molecular level and seeing that in every aspect of the universe. It’s quite a transformation to experience, and makes us rather special. Just takes awhile to see the positive in such a challenging state. 

Just for reference, my last benzo anniversary will be 4 years at the end of November. Last psychotropic is at about 3.5 years. 

You can do this! 

Thanks for this. Great to know you have improved. I have been a bit over a year into a setback that brought all this and it’s still getting worse it seems so I know I am looking at recovery after a few years. I hope I will be a person that improves. My last psych med was in Feb 2021 (minus an occasional hydroxizine that didn’t give me problems but not taking it anymore). I was greatly improved by July 2022, then hormonal med and antibiotic set me back plus I think I was also harmed by meds used in c-section in May this year. No idea why I am still getting worse but hope I will finally hit the rock bottom and start improving. I have a tiny baby I want to see grow up.

Btw, I read some of your posts and yeah, the symptoms you described were very similar to mine! You described a chemical toxic feeling, was it the internal weird burn like soul on fire? It feels for me that way, like toxicity in veins. I also get the barbed wire feeling in nerve endings but that’s something different. 

Edited by [Wi...]

13 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I have all those symptoms.  They are my main ones. It's relentless. 

Sorry! How long have you been drug free?