Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Belly Pain After Anxiety

[...]

I've been having rebound anxiety and it really hits me in the stomach. Some hours after a bout of anxiety my stomach aches, I guess from churning, acid, tightness. I've tried Heather's Tummy Tamers Peppermint Oil Capsules, which are for GURD, without a lot of effect. Anyone else have suggestions for easing tummy aches after anxiety? Thanks.

Can you describe the pain? Is it a burning type of pain? My stomach aches from time to time but the pain usually subsides quickly. Are you tapering benzos?

@[...] my stomach always killed me after an anxiety attack on my taper. As corny as it sounds, I popped a TUMS. Or took a Pepcid. Either of those did the trick. I've always had a touchy stomach but the anxiety of tapering really got to my gut. If I was at home when the anxiety attack struck, I drank about 4 oz of aloe juice. I always kept a bottle in the fridge. Still do. (I buy it by the case from Amazon). Cool and calming. If I was away from home, or driving, I popped a TUMS. The fruit flavors are pretty good. So . . . some ideas. Oh, and the anxiety attacks ebbed after my taper was over.

Believe it or not, Apple Cider Vinegar works well to combat Acid Indigestion/Reflux.  It seems counter intuitive, but it really works.  There are a lot of GABA receptors in your GI tract (2nd to only your brain) and those get down regulated, damaged or destroyed and need time to heal and/or regrow.  Until they do, you can experience all sorts of GI issues.  I had severe constipation and Acid Reflux for several months but it eventually went away.  Peace.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Theway2,

I’m new to this website and withdrawing from few pills of Zoplicone/zolpidem and escitalopram. 

My constipation is terrible and painful. Basically I do get a very mild weak urge/signal whereby my stools approach the bottom end of the bowel in other words the anus exit but then no more movement, it is as if there is a plug and I have to manually push but then it is painful and so unnatural.

As a result of this, I have now developed piles that often bleed.

Did you experience any of these symptoms and what did you do or can suggest?

Thank you so much.

Giuly88 🙏

Yes, I had severe constipation for about 4 months or so.  I had to take the OTC colonoscopy prep liquid about one time per week to make sure I could empty my bowels.  I wasn't eating nearly as much and lost a bunch of weight (over 25lbs) so one time per week was sufficient for me.  I never got the piles, but needed the extra help every week for about 4 months.  It will pass (no pun intended), it just takes time for the GABA receptors in your gut to heal and/or regrow.  Peace.

On 16/10/2023 at 13:02, [[G...] said:

Hi Theway2,

I’m new to this website and withdrawing from few pills of Zoplicone/zolpidem and escitalopram. 

My constipation is terrible and painful. Basically I do get a very mild weak urge/signal whereby my stools approach the bottom end of the bowel in other words the anus exit but then no more movement, it is as if there is a plug and I have to manually push but then it is painful and so unnatural.

Thank you so much.

Giuly88 🙏

Giully88. 

You can get dissolvable powders and laxatives from your pharmacy that is what I use also and as Oregon kaz mentioned I use aloe Vera Juice it is soothing and is also going for dry mouths 

Hope something helps🙏

On 16/10/2023 at 08:02, [[G...] said:

Hi Theway2,

Thank you so much.

Giuly88 🙏

Hi @[Gi...]

I have had piles aka hemorrhoids too.  Mine came as a result of taking Tylenol 3 after a tooth extraction in 2014 IIRC. After that, I have had bouts of constipation and mild bleeding from time to time. I am currently in remission. I personally found that fiber mostly from whole plant foods was the key in solving and managing my constipation problems. I avoid all flower products (cakes, cookies, crackers, etc) like the plague. I also take 1 MG of supplemental fiber (psyllium, the active ingredient in Metamucil). I now usually have an easy bowel movement every day or every other day, depending on the amount of food that I have eaten. I do not like the OTC Metamucil products with the orange flavoring. This is what I take from Amazon.👇

https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Psyllium-Husk-500mg-Capsules/dp/B0013OW2KS/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=7TDQIMYPS25D&keywords=psyllium%2Bhusk%2Bcapsules&qid=1697743055&sprefix=psyllium%2Caps%2C137&sr=8-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

image.png.b94b9943f1d994a9cf323d0c7ed79e59.png

• Like 1