Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Muscles tightening dystonia..to those who recovered

[Ma...]

@[Ma...] Yes, my left side of my back was horrible 4 months ago. My entire body was tense at all times. I even went and had my spine checked and X rayed. I thought I had a slipped disk. I have been seeing someone for deep tissue massage and it seems I was so locked up, it caused a pinched nerve. I feel as though withdrawals puts are body in such a fight or flight mode, we forget how to get our muscles to relax.
However, as long as I remind myself To stretch, it seems to be at bay and sometimes completely gone. I hope this helps? 

• Like 2

Yes, a lot of stretching, Yoga, progressive muscle relaxation and heating pads- plus a lot of walking helps keep me flexible and relaxed. If you relax the muscles, the mind follows- and vice versa. If it's really bad, a warm bath w/ Epsom salts and then Yoga.

The tension and stiffness is caused by the reverse action of the benzos. Benzos relax the muscles, when we stop or go through w/drawal, the muscles are hit with neurotransmitters that send action potentials that go unchecked.  Just consciously relaxing muscles as you feel them tense. It becomes second nature and the body automatically does it.

Unfortunately its so tight that o turn into stone completely which is making me bed/couchridden. I can’t move . It’s different than just tight it feels like I am wearing concrete in my body and not even PT could help them relax with massage techniques. 
i hope it will het better.. 10 montjs off almost 

I was getting a lot of tension as well in my Klonopin taper. It seams to come and go. I am down to .75mg from 2mg. I read somewhere Klonopin also relaxes your muscles, so makes sense to get tightness when tapering. Good luck

Yes, my whole body went into a spasm that would last all day making me bedridden. It would happen about twice a week.   At 9 months off, it just stopped overnight, never to return. 

• Like 2

Oh my god @[Wa...] this is amazing. So it can leave overnight? 

i did have my first full window last Friday for like 4 hours all muscles released . I did have many late night hours  where it got a little better / less intense but never fully a window. 

i was telling myself enjoy it cause it comes back and of course it did but I hope one day the window stays open forever♥️ Thank you for your message 

• Like 1

Hello Mascha4444 - yes, it stopped overnight - that is quite common apparently.   It’s as if the body suddenly finds itself again….so hang in there…..one day you will wake up and find it……GONE.

• Like 2