Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Talk Therapy?

[NY...]

Hi BB,

I have a problem that I'm hoping you guys will help me deal with.

I have been going to see a therapist since December for some talk therapy.  Although it has been helpful, I don't want to continue therapy at this point and I don't know how to tell him this (I'm such a  :-\). 

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

NYClady

Hi, NYClady.

You could send him a letter explaining why you want to stop the therapy. In doing it this way you can construct your thoughts in a non intimidating environment,  and not be flustered by someone looking at you and trying to convince you that you still need the therapy.

Good luck to you. You can do it.....pj

[26...]

Hi there...

The way I look at it is this: you are paying this person for a service. If you don't need the service anymore, you simply 1. kindly let the person know that you think that it's time for you to move on and that you appreciate the time that they have taken with you OR 2. don't schedule anymore appointments with them.

I think we all think that others will think one thing or another if we decide we don't want something anymore or we make a decision that is best for US. However, the fact of the matter usually is, that the other person really doesn't care that much. It's a therapist, not a personal friend, and I'm sure the therapist has had people decide to move on in life and no longer seek their services. You won't be the first and you certainly won't be the last. Don't give it so much power. Sounds like you're working yourself up over something trivial. W/D can certainly make us "over-think" things. I know I certainly did when I was in tolerance and now as I'm in w/d...try not to let your mind go there.

I wish you the best with your decision.

Much love, Nicole