Important Survey - Please Participate ×

L-Theanine

[6e...]

Hello fellow Buddies,

I have tapered down from 1 mg of X this year and I'm down to .25  I started taking L a few days ago. Pretty cheap, bought it off Amazon. 200 mg capsules. I have taken it for 4 days now. It seems to calm me some. While doing this I just jumped and I'm on my third day. I have went CT about 5 times before and really never could make it past the 3rd day. I once made it 13 days. I don't know if this is going to be a success, but I have noticed the WD issues are at the very least mild at this point. I can feel it some but nothing like before. So hopefully this helps and keeps me going. I'm working and functioning daily and this taper and WD has almost become a way of life and battle everyday but somehow I keep moving. Not fun. I look forward to feeling like my old self again someday. Wanted to share something that has helped me. Thanks for all the posts here, it really does help.

I'm having bad intrusive and looping thoughts and morning anxiety. Also trying to regain focus and motivation. Those are the most aggravating symptoms for me. I can almost handle the physical issues, but the mental are bad for me. I wanted to see if L would calm some of that. It seems to have a little. It's early. 

@[Ni...]I am so happy that L Theanine has proven to be of help in your taper:) That is indeed wonderful! I just received mine yesterday too! I am not tapering anymore. Please be a bit more careful at the end of this taper than I was, I though little dose can not be a problem... I jumped too early and it was. Have you experienced with other supplements? 

I would like to note here that it did not work for me, gonna try it later. I don't know if it caused general revving up of symptoms or discomfort in my stomach and the others followed. 

Edited by [Re...]