Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

All alone

[Go...]

@[Go...], does your family live far away from you friend?

I do have my mother but she is old. I try to help her as much as I can. She can't however help me due to her age and a myriad of health issues.

I also have one brother but we are not that close.

I depend mostly on forums like BB and some others to connect with other humans. Do you have any hobbies that you like to do? I try to workout regularly unless I am feeling really crappy. Sometimes when I am at the fitness ctr, I will run into someone I know and get into a brief conversation. I also see a psychologist once a month and that also helps me a lot. Do you have any friends in real life that you can talk to?

On 29/09/2023 at 20:51, [[A...] said:

@[Go...], does your family live far away from you friend?

I do have my mother but she is She can't really help me due to her age and a myriad of health issues.

I also have one brother but we are not that close.

I depend mostly on forums like BB and some others to connect with other humans. Do you have any hobbies that you like to do? I try to workout regularly unless I am feeling really crappy. Sometimes when I am at the fitness ctr, I will run into someone I know and get into a brief conversation. I also see a psychologist once a month and that also helps me a lot. Do you have any friends in real life that you can talk to?

@[An...] Hey. I have my mother who can’t really help, but she does try.  I don’t have friends or any hobbies.   Not having anyone makes this much harder, and I constantly question why I’m suffering instead of just going out and wasting away. I haven’t worked in years and am completely worthless in my mind.  I don’t see any end to this “withdrawal”.  People on BB., like to tell us things get better, but I don’t believe that.  I’ve seen little, IF ANY, improvement and today is 8 months!

Edited by [Go...]

I totally get it Gonzo. 

Your profile says>>>

Took Klonopin for 21 years, ending up to 7mg daily. C/T 1/30/23.

What was the reason for the CT again? Was klonopin the only drug you were taking? What poblem did you start taking it for?

The worst thing to do, IMO, is to put a timeline on when you think you should see improvement.  Unfortunately your WD is what it is and it will end when it ends, not when you want it to end.  Everyone heals to a certain degree.  Many people completely heal and most heal enough to live a "normal" life.  8 months off is a great start, but many start to see major relief around month 18 off.  Some take less time and some take more time. You will improve, but no one knows when that will happen, but it WILL happen.  Hang in there.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 30/09/2023 at 17:58, [[T...] said:

The worst thing to do, IMO, is to put a timeline on when you think you should see improvement.  Unfortunately your WD is what it is and it will end when it ends, not when you want it to end.  Everyone heals to a certain degree.  Many people completely heal and most heal enough to live a "normal" life.  8 months off is a great start, but many start to see major relief around month 18 off.  Some take less time and some take more time. You will improve, but no one knows when that will happen, but it WILL happen.  Hang

Little has changed, and if it does, it gets bad all over again.  

Edited by [Go...]

@[Go...] Yes that is the non-linear nature of the recovery.   You have good days and not so good days.   It is very non-linear.  It is so discouraging at times to feel like you are not healing, but you are always healing.   Behind the scenes your body is busy healing and working to recover.   Our emotions can get the best of us as we recover.  It can be a long journey and that too can cause us to become weary.   You can do this.  

• Like 2

Gonzo, you CT'd 7 mgs of klonopin. It does not surprise me that you still feel crummy this far out. I know it may not feel like it ATM but the human body is amazing. It is always trying to heal us and maintain homeostasis as long as we stop in time from doing the thing or things that made us sick in the first place.  I know you still feel like hell and hopeless, feeling bad day after day months on end wondering will this ever end? It does take a long time for many ppl. Are you also doing things to fortify your body like eating really healthy and drinking enough water each day, even tho many ppl don't feel like eating. What are your most troublesome SXs right now my friend?

You have to walk.

I don't know where you're at in withdrawal, but the best thing is to walk.

I started by walking back and forth in the house just five times.

And breathing meditation.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 09:09, [[G...] said:

There is no one to help me.  The thoughts are non stop.

You are not alone, there are many here suffering, we all try to help as we can, and healing takes longer than we like, but believe me, it happens, just do the best you can...when you can. Our Admin here and owner, have all been through hell too, and they have healed and had to overcome everything we all are facing. Please do not give in to the benzo >:D, keep as busy as you can with distracting and those whispers in your ears, will lessen. Please do not give up, you are worthy and important to all of us here. And as was said here throw away your calendar, healing takes time...and more time and loads of patience. You are stronger than you think. Walking and making small goals helped me not to think about how badly I felt. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing.

• Like 3
  • Love 2