Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Titration Plan Help Needed for Lorazepam

[bo...]

Hi All,

Can you please help me with a titration plan?  I really need help getting off this medication.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, how do you know that the medication is evenly distributed in the milk?  If you let the milk sit around for a while, will I need to stir it again so it redistributes?

Start date: July 1

Dose: 1.75mg

Morning - .5 mg

Evening - .5 mg

Night - .75 mg

Tablet dose: .5mg

Taper rate: 1%

Cylinder details: 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

Thank you for your help,

Tony

Hi Tony:

Also, how do you know that the medication is evenly distributed in the milk?  If you let the milk sit around for a while, will I need to stir it again so it redistributes?

Yes, you always want to agitate the liquid just before drinking it.  Thoroughly crushing the tablet with a mortar and pestle helps with distribution.  I will post a schedule for you in a bit.

Draftsman

Hi Tony:

So if I understand correctly, you wish to titrate 1.75 mg., dividing it into three daily doses.  Here is a schedule for a 1% daily reduction based on your 1.75mg dose.  The following titration plan will take you about 100 days to complete.  Some would consider reducing 1.75mg over 100 days to be fast, but you can easily slow things down at any point.  See how you feel and adjust accordingly.  Please review the plan with your doctor.

Everyday, you will crush and titrate three .5mg. tablets and half of a .5mg tablet, for a a total of (1.75mg).  You may be better off getting a higher dose tablet so you won't have to crush so much.  It is important that you crush thoroughly with a mortar and pestle.

Crush (1.75mg) throughly into powder and mix it thoroughly with 100ml (cc) liquid.  Each day, you will start with this original mixture (1.75mg in 100ml liquid).  Each day you will cumulatively remove and discard 1ml from this mixture immediately upon mixing vigorously in the manner described below.

So....

Day 1: make your original mixture and remove 1ml.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses, drink one dose.

Day 2: make your original mixture and remove 2mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 3: make your original mixture and remove 3mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 4: make your original mixture and remove 4mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 5: make your original mixture and remove 5mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

...and so on.

Make sure to keep a log of your cuts so you don't lose track.  You may wish to split your dose into three daily doses.  If you do so, we recommend you space your doses as evenly as possible.  You can keep unused doses in covered glasses in the fridge for up to 3 days.  Your taper can easily be adjusted.  If you find you are doing well, you can speed it up by increasing your daily cuts to 2ml.  Conversely, you can always slow it down by removing 1ml every other day.  Just play it by ear.  A 5ml baby dropper, available at most drug stores may be helpful.  A 3ml plastic pipette is also helpful.  I hope things go well for you.

Draftsman

Hi Draftsman,

Thank you so much for your help!  I appreciate your quick response.

My apologies, but just another question.  It seems that most people use milk to tritrate?  Is there a particular reason for this?  Is this because it helps spread the medication better.  Also, how do we know whether the medication is evenly spread out.  I guess my only concern is that it's not evenly spread out and then when I take out the 1 mg, it does not take out the correct amount.  Are there a lot of successes with titration?

Thank you again,

Boloni

Hi Tony:

So if I understand correctly, you wish to titrate 1.75 mg., dividing it into three daily doses.  Here is a schedule for a 1% daily reduction based on your 1.75mg dose.  The following titration plan will take you about 100 days to complete.  Some would consider reducing 1.75mg over 100 days to be fast, but you can easily slow things down at any point.  See how you feel and adjust accordingly.  Please review the plan with your doctor.

Everyday, you will crush and titrate three .5mg. tablets and half of a .5mg tablet, for a a total of (1.75mg).  You may be better off getting a higher dose tablet so you won't have to crush so much.  It is important that you crush thoroughly with a mortar and pestle.

Crush (1.75mg) throughly into powder and mix it thoroughly with 100ml (cc) liquid.  Each day, you will start with this original mixture (1.75mg in 100ml liquid).  Each day you will cumulatively remove and discard 1ml from this mixture immediately upon mixing vigorously in the manner described below.

So....

Day 1: make your original mixture and remove 1ml.   Divide the remaining into your daily doses, drink one dose.

Day 2: make your original mixture and remove 2mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 3: make your original mixture and remove 3mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 4: make your original mixture and remove 4mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 5: make your original mixture and remove 5mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

...and so on.

Make sure to keep a log of your cuts so you don't lose track.  You may wish to split your dose into three daily doses.  If you do so, we recommend you space your doses as evenly as possible.  You can keep unused doses in covered glasses in the fridge for up to 3 days.  Your taper can easily be adjusted.  If you find you are doing well, you can speed it up by increasing your daily cuts to 2ml.  Conversely, you can always slow it down by removing 1ml every other day.  Just play it by ear.  A 5ml baby dropper, available at most drug stores may be helpful.  A 3ml plastic pipette is also helpful.  I hope things go well for you.

Draftsman

Hi boloni:

There are no hard stats on members who titrate that I am aware of.  But if I were to make an informed guess, I would say that the vast majority of people who titrate their benzo make it off completely.  Benzos are not water soluble, i.e., they form a suspension in water, not a solution.  Benzos are fat soluble, so it is thought that the fat content of milk will allow benzo particles to bind a bit better.  The negative of using milk is that you can't see the suspension of particles like you can in water.  People use both here.  I have used water for both my Klonopin and Lexapro titrations with no problems.  My feeling is that it comes down to what makes you feel more comfortable.

Draftsman

Thank you for the explanation Draftsman.

I will start with milk and see how that works.

I appreciate all your help with this.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi boloni:

There are no hard stats on members who titrate that I am aware of.  But if I were to make an informed guess, I would say that the vast majority of people who titrate their benzo make it off completely.  Benzos are not water soluble, i.e., they form a suspension in water, not a solution.  Benzos are fat soluble, so it is thought that the fat content of milk will allow benzo particles to bind a bit better.  The negative of using milk is that you can't see the suspension of particles like you can in water.  People use both here.  I have used water for both my Klonopin and Lexapro titrations with no problems.  My feeling is that it comes down to what makes you feel more comfortable.

Draftsman