Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Now nothing works if I dont take at least 8mg

[Ob...]

So I use clonazepam and lately I think I developed tolerance so I cant go without 8mg, I mean it doesnt rly work if I dont…

I know I should taper and not use it as much but I am sooo anxious without it I cannot function.

You are on an extremely high dose of K. Upper limits.  8mgs of K is equivalent to 160mgs of Valium. The problem you're running into is that you need more and more just to feel normal. That is called tolerance.  Eventually no doctor is going to prescribe you any higher doses because you will have , if you already haven't,  hit the upper limit of Klonopin dosing.  But you will have the anxiety because you will eventually hit tolerance to 8mgs of K.  

You might want to think about tapering off the K before you go even higher and things get even worse.

• Like 1

So k is deceiving with the dosage. Like Allen said 8mg of k is like 160 of valium.

Who would think 8 is a lot right? But is really is. 

There are much wiser buddies here that will offer their opinion. Keep checking back.

Definitely do not go any higher.

Edited by [...]
Change 1mg to 8mg
  • Like 1

You said you are abusing it. If the script is only for 1 mg per day, how are you able to take 8 mgs per day without running out?

IMO, you definitely need to seriously consider a long slow taper off the K with the help of sites like BB.

1 minute ago, [[A...] said:

You said you are abusing it. If the script is only for 1 mg per day, how are you able to take 8 mgs per day without running out?

IMO, you definitely need to seriously consider a long slow taper off the K with the help of sites like BB.

Idk my parents bought a few times when I didnt abuse it and they have a lot so I take it from there.

ill do my best to try tapering

48 minutes ago, [[O...] said:

Nono, she never told me to take 8mg, its still on 1mg only if really needed, I just started abusing it :/

Do you have a history of substance abuse?  Just need to get an idea of your situation so we can make the best suggestions. 

1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

Do you have a history of substance abuse?  Just need to get an idea of your situation so we can make the best suggestions. 

Not really, well I did abuse alcohol for a bit but it was never like I took it every day for a really long period of time. I do have a really addictive personality tho. And I like to feel tired and/or stimulated. This is the first time I really took it far

3 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

How long has that been...I mean 8 mgs per day?

Not long, like less than a week but ive been on 6 for a bit longer. So it kinda started getting worse recently, and it is getting worse more and more frequently.

44 minutes ago, [[O...] said:

Not really, well I did abuse alcohol for a bit but it was never like I took it every day for a really long period of time. I do have a really addictive personality tho. And I like to feel tired and/or stimulated. This is the first time I really took it far

You mentioned using your parents benzodiazepines, I think the first thing you may want to consider is to let them know and ask them to support your taper off the drug.  If they don’t know the danger you’ve put yourself in by taking their medication at such a high dose then this would be a good time to educate them.

If you’ve only taken this large dose for a short time, you may be able to taper from it quickly, at least until you get to the lower doses.  I suggest you come clean with your psychiatrist as well. 

• Like 1