Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Short Windows

I have read all about windows but usually they are mentioned as a day long experience. I've been having windows that last only an hour or two during the day, then I'm right back in hell. In the last week I've been lucky enough to have a few of these short windows. During this time I notice that I don't worry as much about my messed up skin or about whether or not I'm actually going to recover from this. I still have all of my symptoms, they're just not as intense.

Is it common to have windows that last such a short amount of time? I'm certainly not complaining because any relief is wonderful but when I start feeling bad again I wonder if maybe I hallucinated feeling better.

Well I haven't had a single window since this started almost seven months ago. If I really have been experiencing mini windows in the last week or so I hope it's a sign that it won't take much longer to recover, at least enough to function like a human being again.

Mary, I have a lot of hope that it's not going to take you as long to recover as it has me :)

[34...]

cd,

You will have a window.

Hang in there!  8)

I had a 2 month window, while tapering, Nov & Dec, no sx's whatsoever...

By January, boom.

You've accomplished a lot though Sig to have started at 4mg of K. I bet you'll have more windows soon too.

[34...]

You've accomplished a lot though Sig to have started at 4mg of K. I bet you'll have more windows soon too.

I hope!

Ya know in windows, it's like none of this ever happened.

I know it's not funny, but we look back, and think, "Huh, I did that or felt like that?" Hard to explain.

You will soon have a window.

When you do, tell us about it, nah, you will be too busy enjoying life ;)

I had a beautiful window.It really did feel like this never happend.My mind was so clear,I was so happy just to be alive.This was at the beginning of my taper from ativan to klonopin.I will take my last k .125 on july 10,my birthday.Im scared....

[34...]
I had a beautiful window.It really did feel like this never happend.

Elsie, yes, that's the way it feels.

It's like nothing happened.

No anxiety or anything, just freedom.

I'm still tapering, but any window within a taper or whatever is good.

If you define a window as feeling "good", I have only had a few of them and they have only lasted from 20 minutes to a few hours. I have had periods of relief from the unrelenting pain that lasted days and even weeks (the last three weeks have been good) but my brain is still not functioning at capacity. Hoping the lights come back on soon for all of us  :)

I felt the same care free feeling like I was a little child.And I could do anything.Somehow my life had changed.It felt so great.But when that feeling left,I couldnt believe I felt that way.Its almost like I now think that living with benzo pain is the norm.And feeling good is not the norm.My laughter was always the loudest in the room.I havnt had a real laugh in 8 long years,and didnt even know anything was wrong.Until I read benzo boards. I was a zombie.Well Im awake now,and it hurts!Lol....Ending my taper on my birthday july 10th.Im scared...But Im down to .125 klonopin.gotta jump! Sending much luck your way. Elsie