Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

The pain is gone but I am still not healed

I feel a little guilty about posting this because I know that I am better off than a lot of people who have been off twice as long as I have or longer, but I can't help but get frustrated at the fact that I am feeling a lot better but I am still not able to function at the level I was before the drugs.

As soon as I hit month 5 everything changed. Most of the really painful symptoms seemed to disappear. Aside from a couple of small bouts of depression and a few waves of anxiety, the persistent, ugly, nasty symptoms are all but gone.

The problem is that although I don't feel particularly bad, I am still left with cognitive deficiencies and a lack of motivation. I still can't concentrate. I can't solve anything more than basic problems. I start talking to someone and completely lose my train of thought. I try to work, but the motivation isn't there. I try to write and design but creativity eludes me. Even the smallest tasks seem like a monumental challenge.

I know that I still have it. These things have came back to me during windows. But the frustrating thing is that now that I feel better, I feel like EVERYTHING should be back to normal.

This makes me once again start to question who I am going to be when this is all over. Even when the pain is gone this stuff still wears on you.

I know what you mean.  I'm doing so much better in so many ways, but there is a good ways to go for me yet.  I just try to take it one day at a time, one month at a time.

Draftsman