Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

man I am so worried I have permit damage.

[wa...]

I am so worried I have messed up my body for ever. I have been off benzo for over 1 1/2.  My body is still not doing good.  My eyes can not see very good. My ears ring all the time. I have no sex drive.  Thats just the start.  My body wont heal itself.  I was told by a dr to take 4 mg of xanax, 10 mg of valium and 20 mg of lexopro per day. I did that for 2 1/1 years.  I did cause I was under a huge stress.  Now that I quit My like is destroyed.  I want to die.  If this is what life is going to be. I dont want to be a part of it.  I need some help. I have been to dr after dr.  they all say it cant be the drugs this long. They are out of my system.  No body can help.  I had a great body.  I played a lot of sports very active.  Man how long will this last?  Is there anybody that has some answers?  Beside everybody heals at thier own time.  I just read that long time user get permit damage and it never goes away.  I dont want to live like this.  Can anyone help.

Kevn

Hello wanttodie, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm not sure how long you've been off of the benzo's, you didn't specify if it was years, months or days, but you will heal, this isn't permanent.  What was your taper like, can you tell us how long it took you to come off of the drugs?  We all heal, and yes we can't say when but I've watched hundreds of people do it, and I did too.

Can you tell us a little more about your situation, and please ask questions, we'll help you understand what's happening to you.  It is the drug that's doing this to you, even though it's out of your system, the effects it has on your brain as still with you.

Pam

I have been off the benzo it will be 2 years in sept.  I am worried cause I think I was taking to much for to long.  I do not think most people take as much as I was for as long as I was and still be ok.  My body is really messed up.

I am so worried I have messed up my body for ever. .  My body is still not doing good. My ears ring all the time. I have no sex drive.  Thats just the start.  My body wont heal itself.   Now that I quit My like is destroyed.  I want to die  I had a great body.  I played a lot of sports very active.  Man how long will this last?  Is there anybody that has some answers?  Beside everybody heals at thier own time.  I just read that long time user get permit damage and it never goes away.  I dont want to live like this.  Can anyone help.

Kevn

Same, same, same, same, same, same, same, same. Did I miss something? Seriously though- I know exactly what you're going through. I had a perfect body, athletic, a talented writer, etc, etc, etc. It all feels like it has been flushed down the toilet.

I don't want to live in the ruin that was once myself either; that is why you and I have to keep fighting. The human body is truly amazing; all it wants to do is heal. We have to assist this by eating right, exercising (as much as comfortably possible), and believing that it is possible- even when it feels like it is surely not.  I myself have begun to seriously reassess everything about my life, and have found many things I can tune up to aid recovery.

Search around and start putting a game plan together. We are here for you, and I am knee deep in sh*t as well!

Hi wanttodie

I'm so sorry this has happend to you, I can't imagine suffering the WD for nearly 2 years. It truly disgusts me the power of these drugs to destroy lives.

Although you've been suffering for far to long, I believe that you're doctor is wrong. I've talked to other people who have taken up to 2 years to heal and come out the other side, and you will too. Probably the only good thing about benzo WD is that every body heals... eventually. After those high doses, and the shock of stopping them so suddenly it's no wonder you're feeling this bad. The drug may be out of you're system, but the central nervous system, and the brain still has to heal and that can take some time. I really don't believe that you are permanently damaged, but I can see why you might feel that way, and I am angry that this is happening to so many people. I really do hope that you keep holding on, you will get through this.

• 6 years later...