Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Dizziness, excruciating anxiety, tremors, jaw, finger numbness, shaking....

[Bi...]

I'm.8.5 months since my CT

The last week has become a nightmare. 

The last 2.5 months my symptoms changed and I developed dizziness ( extreme) boatiness, more anxiety, inner shaking, nervousness, finger numbness on and off, pins and needles in both hands and feet while vomiting, diarrhea. Head fullness, ear fullness, hissing in my head, odd jaw sensations I've had on and off throughout.. I feel like I'm living in hell.. I'm trembling, keep going hot then cold, shivering, nausea. Weak legs

Bloodwork checked 6 weeks ago.. all ok, no deficiencies, thyroid ok. 

Do symptoms of dysautonomia go away?? The  excruciating anxiety and nervousness is killing me. Has anyone else had EXTREME symptoms like this go away?? I've never passed out but when I'm extremely dizzy everything spins and I cannot walk. I'm a mess

I get windows, sometimes they last two weeks.. my last proper window was 7th to 20th August. 

I need to find lots of stories reassuring me it'll go away. The ' custom' option in the search engine doesn't seem to work. 

Help me help me I feel like I'm dying

At 14 months CT, I feel much better - my windows have gotten longer and feel more refreshed in the morning. Some dizziness and anxiety comes over me throughout the day, but not near as bad as the first few months. Feel my brain is healing. It has been a hard road, yet we must stay positive. 

• Like 1

Hi @[Bi...]  Its great that you are experiencing windows.  All of  those symptoms are normal in benzo withdrawal. I had them, but unfortunately no windows for me.    There is no way around benzo withdrawal and the recovery—you have  got to push through it.   Try not to get stressed, stay positive, distract from symptoms and let our body to do the rest.

Find something you like doing something that will take your mind away from the symptoms,  It is going to get better but it will take more time.

Hang in there.

Magrita:smitten:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Hi @[Bi...]  Its great that you are experiencing windows.  All of  those symptoms are normal in benzo withdrawal. I had them, but unfortunately no windows for me.    There is no way around benzo withdrawal and the recovery—you have  got to push through it.   Try not to get stressed, stay positive, distract from symptoms and let our body to do the rest.

Find something you like doing something that will take your mind away from the symptoms,  It is going to get better but it will take more time.

Hang in there.

Magrita:smitten:

Thank you Magrita ❤️

5 hours ago, [[g...] said:

At 14 months CT, I feel much better - my windows have gotten longer and feel more refreshed in the morning. Some dizziness and anxiety comes over me throughout the day, but not near as bad as the first few months. Feel my brain is healing. It has been a hard road, yet we must stay positive. 

Thank you graced333❤️

@[Bi...] I have withdrawn from benzos after two years of tolerance withdrawal (thought it was Lyme disease) and when in tolerance withdrawal it lasted 2 years, I mean life was so hard. I had over 50 symptoms. No joke. Can’t even recount them all. Thought it was the end for me. 

But it did get better! And I would say I completely healed. 100% happy normal life!

Had I not reinstated benzos for recreational abuse in June I would STILL be healed. I learned I have a lot of childhood trauma to heal. 

praying for you now birdy. 

• Like 1

On 21/09/2023 at 19:46, [[B...] said:

Praying for you Birdie!! I wonder if you looked into somatic therapy? I think I may have mentioned it to you a few months back. 

I am.now.. thank you!!❤️

On 21/09/2023 at 19:11, [[S...] said:

@[Bi...] I have withdrawn from benzos after two years of tolerance withdrawal (thought it was Lyme disease) and when in tolerance withdrawal it lasted 2 years, I mean life was so hard. I had over 50 symptoms. No joke. Can’t even recount them all. Thought it was the end for me. 

But it did get better! And I would say I completely healed. 100% happy normal life!

Had I not reinstated benzos for recreational abuse in June I would STILL be healed. I learned I have a lot of childhood trauma to heal. 

praying for you now birdy. 

Hi Sweetsurrender

Thank you!

At my worst I probably had about 20/25 symptoms at once but I get between 4 and 6 now on good days.. this is a bad week though and I've more. It's so distressing and terrifying. I haven't been out alone for two weeks.

I wish you a speedy healing and I'll pray for you too!. God bless ❤️

Edited by [Bi...]
  • Like 1