Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

JOIN US FOR AN HOUR OF GRATEFULNESS EACH DAY

[Ma...]

Dear Buddies,

As hard as this journey is, I have learned how beneficial it is to think of those things for which I am grateful and to share them with others.  It has really helped to lighten the load a bit and puts things in perspective for me.  I have also appreciated the chance to hear what others are grateful for because often times it makes me realize that I have the same thing to be thankful for as well, but the struggle has made it difficult to see it.

When I have been tempted to say, "There is absolutely nothing good about this," something or someone will remind me that if I look just a little bit closer or longer, I will find something.  These things are so important to focus on because much research has proven that what we think and what we say can have an effect on our brains and on healing itself.

The BB administration has approved my request for use of The Sanctuary in chat each day at 2:00 p.m. USA Eastern time for "An Hour of Gratefulness".  Please join us if you would like to share something or if you just want to hang out and be inspired.  Please keep your posts as positive as possible (believe me I know it's a huge discipline for me!) so that we can help fuel our healing and encourage one another.  This will be your time talk about triumphs large and small, what this experience is teaching you, or anything else for which you are grateful!  Chat rules still apply for The Sanctuary.

WE WILL START THIS CHAT ON SUNDAY, JUNE 26.  If this time is not convenient, please PM me and if there are enough responses/interest in changing the time, I will discuss it with Pamster.  Please know that I would like 2-3 of you to join with me to keep this going in case there is a day that one of us can't make it.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Love,

Mary

Oh Mary,

What a wonderful idea!  I hope to join you sometimes.  The time is set for when my husband is home for lunch, so I may come and go depending on when he is here!  See you there!

Thanks for thinking of this!!!

:smitten:

Lily

This is a wonderful idea Mary. Sometimes I get so miserable that I'm inclined to be grateful for all the good things in my life. I will be there but will have to get my time fixed. I'm in Eastern Canada so believe that you are one hour ahead of me.  :)

Frannie

I have been thinking about what I'm grateful for today...so this was a great post to come across! I will definitely come visit. :thumbsup:

From Natural News:

"...there is a very real healing effect that is initiated in your body when you express gratitude towards people or things outside of yourself. Some of this effect can be measured biochemically, while other aspects of it are currently beyond scientific measurement. But the bottom line is irrefutable: Expressing gratitude initiates a powerful healing effect in your own mind and body."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/028399_gratitude_self_healing.html#ixzz1QOElS3x2