Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Question about dose weights while doing dry cut and hold taper of clonazepam / Klonopin

[CK...]

Dear Terribly Confused Fellow Taperers, 
My latest cutting dilemma du jour is causing me to question my sanity. This may be a question for the Mods who understand math, but here goes: 
I’m currently at 0.182 grams. My next dose should equal 0.177 grams (for 2 weeks) then 0.173 grams (for 2 weeks). My 0.5 mg Accord pills weigh between 0.177 and 0.169 grams on my Gemini scale.

I’m unsure how to cut my dose for 0.173 gram doses with the lower weight pills. One 0.5 mg pill often weighs exactly 0.173 grams, but others weigh a bit more or slightly less. Just take the 0.5 mg pill and call it a wash? I filed a few down from 0.176 grams to 0.173 grams, but they are all 0.5 mg pill. 0.173 grams =s 0.5 mg. I am pretty sensitive to the cuts. 

My normal taper is two 2.5% cuts a month to equal 5% per month. Ugh. 

Next month I’ll be switching to another brand (Solco) with a different pill weight. I’ll be trying to figure out the new math AGAIN! The fun never ends! Thanks in advance!

Yes, @[CK...], I would do just that if I were you: take the whole 0.5-mg pill and call it a wash. Don't worry about filing on that pill until you're under 0.5 mg. I would take the average weight, which works well as .170 g and just go with it no matter the pill weight. That being said, I did hang on to the outliers, the ones under about .168 g and over about .173 g, and set them aside in order to stick to that median range.

Edited by [he...]
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, [[h...] said:

Yes, @[CK...], I would do just that if I were you: take the whole 0.5-mg pill and call it a wash. Don't worry about filing on that pill until you're under 0.5 mg. I would take the average weight, which works well as .170 g and just go with it no matter the pill weight. That being said, I did hang on to the outliers, the ones under about .168 g and over about .173 g, and set them aside in order to stick to that median range.

Hello again! Thanks so much for your thoughts. I was hoping this was the correct approach. I have set aside the lower weight tablets for future use. Unfortunately, the last remaining lot seem to be mostly under 0.170 grams. I guess I’m going to have to prepare for a few rough months with this and the brand switch looming. Ugh. I cannot get off these things soon enough. I hope you are doing well, hereforhelp! 

• Like 1