Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  471 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Was there a time you could have caffeine again??

[jo...]

I’m 27 months out and thinking about trying Matcha, but I don’t want to tell with hours of a jacked up nervous system from the caffeine. Do we have to swear it off forever?

7 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Do we have to swear it off forever?

From what I have heard over the years, caffeine is okay for some and not okay for others ... no hard and fast rule here ...

For myself, I have to stay away from caffeine ... I occasionally will try it again and find that I am still over stimulated from it. I once thought the world would end without my caffeine fix ... over time I found that the world really didn't give a hoot whether or not I used caffeine ... :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was sensitive even before the injury. Something tells me I will also have to avoid it long term. I just want to reap the other health benefits of matcha most of all. But I can’t lie, I miss my morning coffee. Especially at a cafe. I would be fine even drinking decaf, but even that contains caffeine!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to avoid caffeine for a few years after my benzo injury. I was terribly sensitive to caffeine and it would give me migraines. Then I could start having coffee again, even Starbucks. I thin it took me about 4 years off K to do that. However, I am now in my 6th year and a few months ago I bought a new coffee maker that used K-pods (has a function for ground coffee as well) and I made those every morning for a week and the migraines started up again and were totally debilitating. So I stopped, and the migraines got better. I stopped driving coffee for a few weeks and felt better, but then I started using fish ground coffee and I have been fine! I am crazy...I know. I should just swear the stuff off altogether but it is so hard because I love the perk it gives me as well as the flavor. Sometimes it is completely fine now and others (the K-pod fiasco) it is not. I guess I'll just go back and forth and see what happens! 

No coffee and no chocolate here. Still very sensitive to caffeine. I love to smell coffee brewing in the morning and grab my husband's first cup and hold it and inhale the steam.

I would imagine a chocolate croissant would be yummy to have with a hot cup of coffee.

But I would give up all of life's little pleasures just to be healed.