Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Open Group  ·  496 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Was there a time you could have caffeine again??

[jo...]

I’m 27 months out and thinking about trying Matcha, but I don’t want to tell with hours of a jacked up nervous system from the caffeine. Do we have to swear it off forever?

7 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Do we have to swear it off forever?

From what I have heard over the years, caffeine is okay for some and not okay for others ... no hard and fast rule here ...

For myself, I have to stay away from caffeine ... I occasionally will try it again and find that I am still over stimulated from it. I once thought the world would end without my caffeine fix ... over time I found that the world really didn't give a hoot whether or not I used caffeine ... :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was sensitive even before the injury. Something tells me I will also have to avoid it long term. I just want to reap the other health benefits of matcha most of all. But I can’t lie, I miss my morning coffee. Especially at a cafe. I would be fine even drinking decaf, but even that contains caffeine!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to avoid caffeine for a few years after my benzo injury. I was terribly sensitive to caffeine and it would give me migraines. Then I could start having coffee again, even Starbucks. I thin it took me about 4 years off K to do that. However, I am now in my 6th year and a few months ago I bought a new coffee maker that used K-pods (has a function for ground coffee as well) and I made those every morning for a week and the migraines started up again and were totally debilitating. So I stopped, and the migraines got better. I stopped driving coffee for a few weeks and felt better, but then I started using fish ground coffee and I have been fine! I am crazy...I know. I should just swear the stuff off altogether but it is so hard because I love the perk it gives me as well as the flavor. Sometimes it is completely fine now and others (the K-pod fiasco) it is not. I guess I'll just go back and forth and see what happens! 

No coffee and no chocolate here. Still very sensitive to caffeine. I love to smell coffee brewing in the morning and grab my husband's first cup and hold it and inhale the steam.

I would imagine a chocolate croissant would be yummy to have with a hot cup of coffee.

But I would give up all of life's little pleasures just to be healed.