Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Iron supplements while tapering Diazepam

[Ni...]

I need to start taking iron supplements.

Im going with Iron Bisglycinate because its meant to be better on stomach. Mine is very sensitive. G.E.R.D.

I just wanna make sure Im not going to set off the Diazepam with any non active ingredients.

Anyone got any experience please?

There are two types I have to try which I can give the ingredients to or links.

Everyone reacts differently to iron types.  Bisglycinate tears me up but maybe it works great for you.   Heme iron is said to absorb better who knows. I do know it doesn’t cause me as many symptoms it is more costly.  Then there is a new type sideral.   It’s sucrosomial iron.   I had to buy it off eBay. At $80 bux a month supply but once again I say “supposedly” absorbs way better than anything else some say equivalent to iron infusions.  I just started sideral today so zero symptoms but won’t know how well it works for a while.     Lastly look into “dr wholeness” blood vitality.  Not regular blood vitality must be “dr wholeness” blood vitality it supposedly is newer technology as well.  Good luck raising iron is a biotch

If you have just found out you are low in iron the best advice I can give you is join “the iron protocol” fb group.   The admin or the group is ridiculously well educated on iron there are many drs and hematologists that frequent that group.  Read the guides.  It’s wayyyy more complex than you would think.  It will take a while it’s an overwhelming amount of info but just take your time read the guides and ask questions (ps yes I’m also on that group)  super useful and informative 

• Like 1

Thank you for all the info.

I didn't get any alerts to replies to this so I have only just found your replies.

I looked up the SiderAl, I cant find it here in the UK and it has milk in it (cant digest) and vegan.

Iron is such a difficult thing to deal with, been told I have low iron for several years now. The supplements made me very ill.

Looks like I am going to be dusting off the old Facebook account :)

Since vegan and can’t have meat products heme is out and allergic to sideral.  I’d try the “dr wholeness” iron supposedly it has no bad effects also.