Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pressure

[Te...]

I c/t and have been off for about 6 months or so. Head pressure, body pressure, akathasia and anxiety are my worst symptoms. I have more but those are bad. I would like to hear from people who have been through these physical symptoms and got better. It's relentless and my mind keeps telling me it's going to be this way for a while. It's like a weight pressing down on my skull and my body. It's feels like my skull and body will implode.

I did a CT too and had a lot of symptoms including the symptoms you mentioned.  They get better but not as fast as we would like them to.  I have been completely healed for 5 years now and haven't had a single symptom for the last 5 years.  You will get there too.  Don't give up and don't go back on.  Ride it out as every day brings you one day closer to being "you" again.  Peace.

• Like 2

If you only had anxiety (assumption now) prior to benzos, the other SXs you mentioned should fade with more time off benzos.

Why did you do the CT and not a slow taper?

Hi @[Te...] sorry that you are having the pressure, I think like the others have added, it will go away in time. I had really bad chest pressure towards the end of my taper, I was just sure I was having a heart attack, all tests were negative. I just had to accept that it would be with me....and then one day, it was gone, thankfully. Stay Strong.💖Peace and Healing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2023 at 12:20, [[T...] said:

I c/t and have been off for about 6 months or so. Head pressure, body pressure, akathasia and anxiety are my worst symptoms. I have more but those are bad. I would like to hear from people who have been through these physical symptoms and got better. It's relentless and my mind keeps telling me it's going to be this way for a while. It's like a weight pressing down on my skull and my body. It's feels like my skull and body will implode.

@[Te...]

Feeling of pressure is also one of my worst SXs if that is any consolation to you. I have more pressure in my torso than my head. Daily meditation and mild aerobic exercise bring partial temporary relief. You are off but I am still tapering. Did you have any of this pressure feeling prior to going on benzos? I hope it lets up for you soon friend. Congrats on finally getting off. 👏

No, never had this before benzos. . It's all over my body...buzzing, dizzy, head crap,  akathisia, pressure, wheight pulling me around...etc. it's 24/7...same thing everyday for months.

I guess so. I don't even know anymore. I have worked all through this. I'm about to lose my driving privilege because I can't afford my high insurance.  I don't know what's next...homeless? My life is in shambles. I guess I could handle all the mental symptoms but the physical stuff is wearing on me. Its just no change. I feel like I am a serious case. I got hit hard with symptoms. Everday...same stuff. 

15 hours ago, [[T...] said:

No, not on anything.

That is good. Have you ever tried to meditate Teddy? I personally find that meditation can bring some relief from the pressure but you must practice it religiously. It may seem like it is doing nothing at first but it really does help if you do it daily on a consistent basis.

I have the same. 
10 months off, no improvements.  I hope more people will respond and tell us it will get better my muscles are shortened everywhere and I feel these wires pulling everywhere 

On 01/10/2023 at 03:15, [[M...] said:

I have the same. 
10 months off, no improvements.  I hope more people will respond and tell us it will get better my muscles are shortened everywhere and I feel these wires pulling everywhere 

Did you CT or slowly taper @[Ma...] ?

• 1 month later...

I am 11 months off and still get ‘attacks’ of this muscle-pulling thing - it almost feels like I am being ‘squeezed’.   It seems to be linked to a tendency to akathisia, which I had terribly for months, it was a struggle to survive but the agony and pacing has gone now.   However this ‘squeezed, pulled, tense’ feeling  seems to be a lingering side effect after the crisis of full-blown akathisia has passed?   Everyone says it will go away completely in time…..we must just hang in there I guess…..

Teddy,

Five years ago I tried CT and had head sensations/pressure that continued for a few months until I finally went on a valium taper using the Ashton method.  I can't imagine enduring the head sensations and pressure for months....it just isn't worth it.  You should print off a copy of Heather Ashton's tapering schedule and bring it with you to your GP and have them get you on a regiment for tapering.  I had zero problems during the taper or after quitting at the conclusion of the taper.  Now it took more than a year, but it is so worth it.  I didn't think I would ever get better and I truly thought this was a permanent state of existence for me.  You don't have to suffer to get better and you shouldn't.  Do your research and help educate the doctor about what happened to you and what the experts like Dr. Heather Ashton recommend with for a slow taper to avoid protracted WD symptoms.  If your GP doesn't help, find another one until you find someone with experience or compassion or both.  It can and will get better, but you have to be proactive about seeking help.  

Hello @[Te...] and welcome to Benzo Buddies!

I am berry happy that you had a smooth and easy taper. How long have you been off benzos?

Unfortunately, some people who follow very carefully planned and executed tapers will have withdrawal symptoms. Additionally, many will continue to have issues while the cns recovers. Benzos are tricky drugs. There really is no consistency, each person will have a different journey. Of course, a sensible taper plan helps, but it’s not a guarantee of a symptom free process. 

You are right, it can and will get better. The nervous system seeks balance and will work towards that goal. For some of us, it can take a while. I’m thrilled your journey has gone well.

pianogirl

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was on full psychotic delirium akastate I was completely unable to think and tapered of following advice of psych I didn’t even know where I lived what time it was how to shower cook whatever only screaming crying dying

• Sad 1

On 15/09/2023 at 18:20, [[T...] said:

Yeah I have pressure thing to. Feels like i have mega high bp but when i check it's normal. I'm five weeks off.

1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

I was on full psychotic delirium akastate I was completely unable to think and tapered of following advice of psych I didn’t even know where I lived what time it was how to shower cook whatever only screaming crying dying

Oh wow.

1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

I had that also when i was locked up in the hostel. 

I saw fireworks and sculls and was mega paranoid. 

6 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Yeah I have pressure thing to. Feels like i have mega high bp but when i check it's normal. I'm five weeks off.

No it’s more pressure as if a vice is squeezing you

• Like 1