Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When should i feel bad

[Al...]

I have been off ativan for about 8 months but recently i was sent back into crisis mode. I noticed i crave drugs now beacuse its hard. I used to take comfort in seraquel at night for sleep during my taper it was the only thing i looked forward to, id take it and lay down and feel safe and drift off. It almost became addictive. I crave that mindless drowsiness feeling. But i only do it in times of crisis so now i have been craving a sleep aid and im having good luck with Benadryl my fear is that im taking it too much for the normal feeling it provides. Is it ok to use a sleep aid when you’re struggling because the Benadryl calms me down but isn’t crazy like seraquel. Do other people feel this problem.? 

When i was on ativan the seraquel was a saving Grace for calming me down at night but i got off it. Bow im struggling again and want a sleep aid to distract from it. I just fear that its reinforcing addiction the kicker is when im employed i dont really feel that way. I just notice i crave the sedation so i can escape the monkey mind. 

You do what is best for you.  I took Seroquel too and it worked for about a week, but then left me feeling totally hung over the next day, groggy, and in a fog.  I stopped taking it and let sleep return on it's own.  There is no shame in taking something that helps you.  Just make sure it's not another Benzo.  Peace.