Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Nausea in stomach that travels to head - waking me up after a couple hours of sleep

[An...]

Hi everyone, I've posted about this before, but feel I really need help with this as it's now become very regular. Almost every night for the past few weeks I am waking up after a couple hours of sleep. My intestinal/stomach area feels severely nauseous and at the same time I get this awful sickly nauseous feeling all throughout my head. 

It's honestly a brutal feeling and prevents further sleep, although I sometimes drift off only to be awakened by the same situation. 

Does anyone have this or know what to do in this case? It is accompanied by a very dry mouth and dry eyes, too. But the head and belly nausea is just awful.

Hoping someone knows about this. I told my doctor on Friday, but she didn't have anything to say. 

Hello @[An...],

GI issues are very common during withdrawal. I see you are still tapering. I think that the drug also can cause stomach problems. I know mine never felt great while taking diazepam.

I used ginger tea and felt it was quite effective for me. I chopped fresh ginger and simmered it in water. I the strained it and left it where I could sip on ot frequently. You can also buy ginger tea, but I think the homemade is stronger,

pianogirl:smitten:

Thank you so much @[pi...]. I will try the ginger tea again. It's been awhile. I think it did give some relief.

Yes, the drug definitely causes gi problems. I had this even before the taper. 

Thank you.💜

• Like 1