Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Very sick at six months headaches nausea short of breath fear panic and swallowing issues

[An...]

I’m sad to say I’m so very sick nauseous all day headaches bones joints hurt eyes are bad and my swallowing is now not good I feel very light headed 

I believe I’m damaged was on kolonpin for five years and Ativan the last year went CT due to a detox place 

I know this maybe the end of life 

It only feels like your life is over.  6 months off is a great start, but many take longer to feel relief.  If you made it this far, you can keep going.  All Benzos can and will cause varying degrees of TEMPORARY damage.  It's not permanent.  You might not get back to 100% for a some time, but you can improve enough to live a "normal" life at some point.  Hang in there.

• Like 1

@[An...]Sorry you are struggling!   As @[Th...] said, this is not the end of your life as you once knew.   You will get past this.  It takes time and patience.   We are so used to having our problems "solved" quickly, but with benzo recovery, it can take much longer than we want.   

• Like 1

On 07/09/2023 at 17:21, [[A...] said:

I’m sad to say I’m so very sick nauseous all day headaches bones joints hurt eyes are bad and my swallowing is now not good I feel very light headed 

I believe I’m damaged was on kolonpin for five years and Ativan the last year went CT due to a detox place 

I know this maybe the end of life 

Hi @[An...]...

Why did you do the inpatient rehab instead of a slow controlled taper with you in control at a tolerable withdrawal rate? 

I personally say that inpatient detox for 99% of patients trying to get off benzos is a bad decision. They lied to me when I voluntarily consented in 2006 out of pure desperation. They told me "verbatim" we get many ppl off benzos easily and the detox is comfortable and safe. It is definitely not comfortable bc they essentially CT you and the safety is very questionable IMO bc all they do is CT you off your benzo and put you on other meds to control blood pressure spikes and seizures and other psyche meds to try to mitigate the effects of the benzo w/d which never works.

Yes it’s what they did to me - I couldn’t find anyone help me taper I was have interpose withdrawal I felt I needed a safe environment it was the most aweful thing and yes never ever go there again I do wished I wouldn’t have but now I’m six months out of that aweful there was no one else there on benzo they didn’t know what they were doing kept me six days high dose Ativan then let me go I was full blown blacked out when they drove me home it was scary I may be injured from that honestly - but I would tell anyone taper slow - I was having aweful time and it would have taken a good dr to help me - none of drs here know how to do it all nor would anyone take me on to help - so I thought I was doing the right thing - I try to warn people not to take benzo no matter small amount I just pray I get a chance at life again - alone thru it all 

im sorry sounds like you went thru same as me

are you ok or still sick 

I am still somewhat sick Angel but lots better. I now know why  BB suggest a taper rate of 10% every 2-3 weeks. This gives you the greatest chance of getting off benzos and not feel like you are literally dying during the process. You must allow the brain to slowly adapt to small decreases over a period of time bf you finally stop. This prevents that brain shock to the CNS when you CT or the discontinuation rate is done too rapidly. 

Hang in there friend. You are more than welcome to PM me if you have further questions or post here in the open forum. BB is a lifeline for those of us still struggling to get off this crap and hopefully recover. 

• Like 1