Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Supplements

[kl...]

Hello.  What supplements have worked for you and why?  Should I be leery of introducing new things at this stage?  I’ve been off klonopin since June 8th.  I was on 3mg.  

Hey, as Colin mentioned there's actually a section for questions about supplements, and I'm guessing this will get moved there. But as we're at it.....

Supplement is/are a very individual thing from my experience. So what you might get some benefits from, another person can react badly to. Over on survivingantidepressants.org for example they would suggest omega 3 and magnesium. I personally couldn't take either in my early days and was annoyed that they said they were "harmless". 

You're the only person that knows how you are. Are you very sensitive to things like many here? Or do you not seem to react to things? Are you looking for relief from anxiety? Insomnia? It's quite a broad subject basically, and there's no herb or supplement that will take away all your suffering, but you may find something that helps along the way 

Edited by [Ha...]
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Hey, as Colin mentioned there's actually a section for questions about supplements, and I'm guessing this will get moved there. But as we're at it.....

Supplement is/are a very individual thing from my experience. So what you might get some benefits from, another person can react badly to. Over on survivingantidepressants.org for example they would suggest omega 3 and magnesium. I personally couldn't take either in my early days and was annoyed that they said they were "harmless". 

You're the only person that knows how you are. Are you very sensitive to things like many here? Or do you not seem to react to things? Are you looking for relief from anxiety? Insomnia? It's quite a broad subject basically, and unfair there's no herb or supplement that will take away all your suffering, but you may find something that helps along the way 

Hello, I have noticed that since wd I am very sensitive to antidepressants.  Before wd I could take anything without a problem.  I am looking for relief from anxiety, jaw pain, and cortisol surges.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, [[k...] said:

Hello, I have noticed that since wd I am very sensitive to antidepressants.  Before wd I could take anything without a problem.  I am looking for relief from anxiety, jaw pain, and cortisol surges.  Thank you!

If I had the answers that would help everyone I'd be shouting it from the rooftops. But as I said it's a very individual thing. Many find magnesium helpful for anxiety, but there are a few who react badly to it. It's probably one of the safest things to try though I suppose. If you do try anything, take a fraction of a normal dose to see how you react 

• Like 1