Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quviviq?

[VE...]

Just curious if any one has tried this insomnia med while tapering? Apparently does not hit Gaba receptors so maybe safe alternative to try? Maybe not? Input needed. Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

Orexin sleep meds NEVER worked for me during or just after my WD.  My PCP gave me "trial" samples of 3 different brands that was enough for 14 days each and none of them worked...EVER.  Good luck.

I believe that this drug is very much like Belsomra, which was a terrible flop as far as sleep meds go. I tried Belsomra as did several people in this forum with no positive results. A listed side effect is frightening sleep paralysis and how do you sleep worrying about that? Also, Ambien was thought to be safe when it first came out and I learned the hard way that it certainly is not.

Amen to that about ambien. Ambien prescription 12 years ago is what started me down this path. Wish I would have just toughed out that first bout of insomnia instead of going to the doctor, oh well If wishes were fishes.....