Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Clonazepam free after 23 years!!

[sl...]

I finally did it!  I've been off since July 31st.  I think the key to success has been my taper.  I would always try quitting in the past, but I would cut too much at once.  For the most part my withdrawal has been very smooth.  It can be done. 

• Like 12

Great work. I went way to fast after 18 years on clonazepan. This post gives me hope. I don’t know whether to restart my taper or just continue holding where I’m at. Great work it has to be freeing to be off!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, [[k...] said:

Great work. I went way to fast after 18 years on clonazepan. This post gives me hope. I don’t know whether to restart my taper or just continue holding where I’m at. Great work it has to be freeing to be off!

I would hold until you're ready.  When I set a timeline I failed.  Just go slow and you will be okay.

That's so encouraging, I'm going slow as well!  4-5% a month, slug speed!  So happy for you and thank you so much for sharing it with us, Denise PS yes, it can be done, can't agree more!! :smitten:

• Like 1

at 14 months now CT, I so strongly urge folks to taper!!! Seems like CT is a worse withdrawal. I feel much better, but sleep is still quite difficult and I get angry very quickly. Coming here has helped tremendously. Thank you all for sharing!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 08/09/2023 at 06:15, [[T...] said:

Well done! How fast was your taper? Mine’s super slow and I’m thinking about speeding it up a little

It was a 3 month taper off of .25 mg. Throughout the the 23 years I took anywhere from .25 mg to 1 mg daily.  The last 5 years I was at .25 mg.  I took off .001 grams (tablet weight) per day until it was gone.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, [[s...] said:

It was a 3 month taper off of .25 mg. Throughout the the 23 years I took anywhere from .25 mg to 1 mg daily.  The last 5 years I was at .25 mg.  I took off .001 grams (tablet weight) per day until it was gone.  

Awesome! Well done!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!!

I'm also doing a direct weighted tappering from 4mg of Clonazepan.

Right now at 0.5 mg, y was wondering how to do the final phase. :balloon:

• Like 1

On 06/09/2023 at 17:31, [[s...] said:

I finally did it!  I've been off since July 31st.  I think the key to success has been my taper.  I would always try quitting in the past, but I would cut too much at once.  For the most part my withdrawal has been very smooth.  It can be done. 

Brilliant how long did you taper 😊

• Like 1

On 06/09/2023 at 12:31, [[s...] said:

Huge congrats @[sl...]

I am having a very similar experience. I hope to be off in 12 more weeks.💪👍

@[sl...]

Wauw congratulations.

I'am still at the beginning of my reduction. November the 15 i have an appointment wilth my doctor. Your method really appealed to me. I have to reduce from 0.5 mg Clonazepam. Of course without making me feel terribly bad. Can you tell me please how you exactly reduce? 

Sorry for my English, i'am from the Netherlands and full sentences are difficult.

On 06/09/2023 at 15:09, [[k...] said:

Keep going, but very slowly, no more than 5% each cut, and then leave 1 to 2 weeks until you feel stable.