Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Cystic acne

[TH...]

When I was 14/15 I was on Roaccutane which is now called Accutane I believe. 

I've now noticed that the cystic acne is making a comeback since I've been tapering off Valium. I believe it's the Hormones playing up and testosterone all over the place. I'm 34 male btw. 

I saw a post a while back about someone having excellent success with a couple of specific supplements but can't find it for the life of me. Not sure if anyone can help, think it was something called Lycopene maybe. 

Anyway, if someone has any ideas on how to treat this without me having to go onto antibiotics or other meds that'll be great. Maybe there is some testosterone/hormone balancing supplements out there that can help. 

Much appreciated 

My belief is that there are multiple causes of skin problems. From my own experince, when I started to take suppliments my skin improved alot.

I take about 400 ug chromium, 500 mg magnesium, 12 g of fish oil and 3000 ug of retinol(active form of vitamin a) after about 30 days my skin cleared up. But if you decide to do it, do it at your own risk. But the key is consistency in taking suppliments and give the skin enough time to heal. You can also try to cut out dairy and gluten, but experiment for yourself and see what works. All the best to you.

46 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

My belief is that there are multiple causes of skin problems. From my own experince, when I started to take suppliments my skin improved alot.

I take about 400 ug chromium, 500 mg magnesium, 12 g of fish oil and 3000 ug of retinol(active form of vitamin a) after about 30 days my skin cleared up. But if you decide to do it, do it at your own risk. But the key is consistency in taking suppliments and give the skin enough time to heal. You can also try to cut out dairy and gluten, but experiment for yourself and see what works. All the best to you.

@[Le...] is this specifically benzo related or did you do this prior to benzo's as well?