Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Am I likely to have a stroke when extremely dizzy & low blood pressure happens??

[Bi...]

I had another extreme dizzy spell. I couldn't stand up, everything spun around, had to have someone almost carry me to the car. I had nausea, fast heartbeat, my hands and feet went numb. Is it possible I may have a stroke? 

It lasted three hours then disappeared again without a trace.

I'm terrified. 

Unfortunately, nobody on this site is qualified to give a medical diagnosis of whether or not you had a stroke.  Only a doctor (and diagnostic testing) can provide an answer to that.  

However, I've had all of those symptoms while having an anxiety or panic attack.  Additionally, a stroke is "usually" on one side of the body only.  My guess is that it was taper/anxiety related which can most definitely last hours.  If you don't feel comfortable with the belief that it was the latter, by all means, consult your doctor.  

On 06/09/2023 at 01:06, [[L...] said:

Unfortunately, nobody on this site is qualified to give a medical diagnosis of whether or not you had a stroke.  Only a doctor (and diagnostic testing) can provide an answer to that.  

However, I've had all of those symptoms while having an anxiety or panic attack.  Additionally, a stroke is "usually" on one side of the body only.  My guess is that it was taper/anxiety related which can most definitely last hours.  If you don't feel comfortable with the belief that it was the latter, by all means, consult your doctor.  

Hi Lori thank you for your reply.

I was asking if I'm likely to have a stroke, however. I haven't had a stroke but I'm extremely worried I'm at risk of a stroke with my symptoms.

Many thanks again

@[Bi...] I am not a Doctor, but I am thinking that your worry supersedes everything right now, and can stress cause added problems... for sure. So will you have a stroke or anything else medically because of wd or post wd, no one can answer that for you. But we are here to support and guide you through a hellish time. I guess in a round about way, I am saying that anxiety can cause many feelings and thoughts. And remember that your Brain is trying to heal, and it will come with many different sx and dizziness is up there. To be sure, you may want to see a Doctor to assure you nothing else is going on. Stay Strong.

💖Peace and Healing.