Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Permanent Brain Damage and Ashton Manual

[ap...]

I was reading some of the Ashton Manual and I think I read that there is evidence of permanent brain damage. I may have completely.misread this. Please can someone clear this up. Thank you. I always thought that not to be the case

I don't recall ever reading this. In fact Ashton said research showed most people recover regardless of dose, length of use, tapering duration. Can you point to the section that you're referring to?

As far as I remember Ashton said that there is not prove of damage that can be shown in a body test or brain scans. Recently the word BIND (benzo induce neurological damage)was introduce in some of most respected benzo sites as a new way of justifying some long term sysmtoms. In my opinion the interruption of the healing process after tapering due to normal life health issues may prompt us to believe that the benzos produced the harm. 

It adds the confusion the fact that some people take more time to heal or their life style worsen the situation. 

In my opinion there is more harm on the psycological side of the situation. In some the suffering benzo experience creates a kind of PTSD scondition that in some may last for years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

As far as I remember Ashton said that there is not prove of damage that can be shown in a body test or brain scans. Recently the word BIND (benzo induce neurological damage) in some of well respected sites came up as a new way of justifying some long term sysmtoms. In my opinion the interruption of the healing process after tapering due to normal life health issues may prompt us to believe that the benzos produced the harm. 

It adds the confusion the fact that some people take more time to heal or their life style worsen the situation. 

In my opinion there is more harm on the psycological side of the situation. In some the suffering benzo experience creates a kinfd of PTSD situation that in some may last for years. 

I agree re: the entire benzo healing-tapering experience creates a kind of PTSD; Especially if your super hyper vigilance, about your health and the question spinning in your head wondering if you/ you’re doing it right

@[Ma...] I think what you are feeling is par for the course, many have felt the same way, and now are enjoying life again, try to focus on things that  makes you happy. I know that is hard, but when we change our focus, you will be surprised how much changes for the good. Now we all know that what we have or going through is not a walk in the park. I agree that our Brains may feel damaged....but they are not, the Brain is trying to heal, just like we are, and there are ups and many downs, but the wonderful thing is...it will heal in time. Stay Strong.💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 1