Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Insomniagate 2011

[Ju...]

hello, I'm Julie - was prescribed Klonopin for insomnia when Ambien didn't work, without a SINGLE WORD from my doctor that it could be dangerous and addictive. Was on it for a short period of time, only 4 months, and am now in the tapering/withdrawal process. The side effects are awful, and I feel embarrassed that this even happened to me.  I'm looking forward to getting and giving support to the others here.

[e5...]

Hello Julie,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Could you give us the mg of the klonopin you were taking? How far you have tapered down?

If you have any questions, just ask.

You will find plenty of support here.

Sigma.

Hi Julie, Welcome!

Catchy thread title by the way.  ;D  What does your taper look like, are you going nice and slow to try to minimize the symptoms?  We like to see small percentages cut from your dose every week or two.  Is your Dr working with you, or are you doing this on your own.  I took Ambien and Klonopin too, and now that I've quit both, I sleep great, so no worries, you'll get it back.

Pam