Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  449 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Self perpetuing

[Ha...]

Don't really see this discussed. And for context I'm 3.5 years out and still unable to work or participate in normal life.

But, the more I'm becoming aware of my situation, the more I'm learning about the the long terms effects of stress. So surely it comes to reason that our dysfunction is causing the sustained long term stress? So... The inflammation and stress response causes stress in itself blah blah blah.... We all know this I'm sure. But my question is, are we stuck in a loop?

• Like 2

I have the same thoughts. The stress from symptoms causes more stress which causes more and worsening symptoms… round and round in an infinite loop. If that happens s true then I just cannot see a way out. As long as the symptoms are there then I will be stressed and as long as the stress is there I will have symptoms. 
PS: the horrid insomnia I have just makes everything worse.

• Like 2

I understand why we might question this, but if it were the case, nobody would ever heal.     It just seems at times like it is a vicious cycle, but we are always healing.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I believe we are healing underneath the stress..but some people are more tolerant to stress than others.

It's not a normal stress..its benzo induced stress which makes it harder to heal because it lives in us no matter what.

I suppose time is the best healer of this stress.

Happy or sad ..the stress is still there.

• Like 4

I just find the constant merry go round hard to take one day nit too bad, today woke up crying uncontrollably. Right at moment just feel it’s impossible to plan a future, not SI thoughts, more like having a mare said hard see way out of this when you are stuck in a constant loop.

• Sad 1