Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

6 months today :)

[fi...]

Hello everyone...I'm 6 months clear today and all I can say is krikey this has been the most challenging knock-down-dragout bitter fight to the death type of experience I've ever had.

The news is good though! I'm finally finally starting to heal, finally getting my memory back, finally able to interact with others without feeling like I'm in a bubble, finally not afraid to leave my house, finally finally finally returning to the person I used to be.

The toughest part has been the depression. It comes in massive all encompassing waves and last for about 6 hrs...and then "poof", it lifts and then I just thank my stars for getting off the K.

There have definitely been days where I was steps away from the Dr. office prepared to beg for reinstatement because I was POSITIVE I could not go on. This too passes and then I take great joy in driving to the store without the gentle hum of a deadened brain, take immeasurable pleasure in feeling my muscle tone returning....and moreover regaining the  ability to form a decent sentence!

Thanks to all for the support. Healing does come, it just takes time, patience, and the willingness to see it through to the end...best wishes to all and plenty of love and light

Congrats! Your are a champ for sure... You can stand up to anything now right!?

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how you were doing!

Congrats.  I'm half way to where you are and your encouraging post helps us that are still "battling"!  Thanks for posting!!