Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tapering down madness

[Ni...]

so I’m down to one .5 mg from the 3mgs I WAS taking & it’s supposed to be a “ slow taper “ but I’m having hell ! I can’t hardly eat , extreme nausea , terrible anxiety,diarrhea and my body jerks around all the time . I’m also taking seroquel so I’m sleeping ok but I need some advice / help on what I should do or tell my dr so maybe something can help because this is hell!!

Hello ! I’ve been taking klonopin 3mgs since 2020 before I was always on .5 but this new dr I had bumped me up to 3mg! Now my new Dr wants me to go down which I want too but these withdrawal symptoms are horrible and I haven’t even gotten off completely yet :( . We’ve been tapering down since April of this year 

Hi @[Ni...]

Oh my word, I'm so sorry for your experience. Tapering down from 3mg to 0.5mg in 4months must be excruciating. I am very familiar with the symptoms you're describing - they were typical for me when I came down from 2mg to 0.5mg in one day. Would your doctor work with you to take it slower? I had to updose to become stable again. Would that be an option for you?

• Love 1

Thank you ! I thought I was going crazy ! This is not a slow taper . I’ll talk to him when our next appointment is and ask him to maybe go up to two .5s a day because at this point I’m ready to go to the hospital… I can’t eat anything . I just want it to stop 

He did 2 mgs around late April / may at our first appointment then 1 1/2 June 1mg July and now .5 since august the beginning of this month 

September 14TH but I don’t know what to do until then . I need to eat but I can’t . This is ridiculous. I might try and see if I can see him before then . I’ll definitely give him the information. Thank you 

I will call first in the morning . I hope he doesn’t think I’m experiencing these symptoms due to a sickness or something. I really hope he’s not one of those doctors , send me good luck . And thank you . Just talking to me made me feel better . I thought I was going crazy like I was all alone . Did anything help you with your stomach issues?