Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Interesting signs of recovery?

[Ne...]

Besides being left with broken sleep and tinnitus after 26 months of recovery since CT from very short-term usage of a benzo, I want to share a few observations:

After the nights that I have better sleep which is defined as less broken, I am tired the next day and usually take a nap.  On my really broken nights of sleep, I feel less tired.  This has been true for me over the last several months.  Perhaps a sign that the brake is more activated (gaba) and the gas pedal (glutamate) is less stuck on the wide open position?

During acute, I lost 15 pounds in just a few short weeks.  For the first 22 months of recovery, I could eat anything and never gain a pound.  Now the pounds are coming back on and once again, I need to watch my calorie intake.

Any one else experiencing this or other signs of recovery other than symptoms disappearing?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, weight gain was a good sign for me too!  I lost a lot of weight in acute and then my antibiotic set back in 2021.  Spring 2023 I finally started to gain it back, finally.  Unfortunately I'm in a wave again and lost some more, but I agree it's interesting to see the positive effects on my body in other areas other than just not having symptoms.