Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

help, major sleep anxiety

[Ti...]

If you read my history, I have had sleep anxiety since 2007 when I suddenly stopped sleeping. I have such panic and fear about going to sleep and not sleeping because it happens every night. It has made me lose weight, can't eat, feel sick in all ways, exacerbates my dry eye which is severe. I never have heard of anyone like me where nothing, literally nothing helps with sleep or the sleep anxiety. I don't get "sleepy" either, just wired and very sick. All tests have ruled things out. I don't know how to not fear this so much. I'm sorry if I'm posting too much about sleep but I just can't get any. I'll end up homeless and jobless soon, very scared.

So sorry to learn about your situation.  Have you tried non-Benzo Rx drugs for sleep?  Seroquel worked for me for about a week.  I hope and pray that you get some relief soon.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have no advice to offer, other than I'm in the same boat. I could meditate all night and still not fall asleep. Happened during Menopause, though many men also have difficulty sleeping as they get older. I used to sleep great. I can't take antidepressants, nothing has worked for me except for the Trazodone and Klonopin I was on. Now that I'm off the Klonopin, the Trazodone hardly works. I've been taking a bunch of supplements from a Naturopath, but started feeling unwell. Saw a doctor and now I'm on Hydroxyzine, taking it with the Trazodone. I sleep, but wake up all night and it stays with me all day. But I'm functioning, taking the Trazodone and Hydroxyzine. I guess that counts for something.

• Like 1

Lay down ur guns. It has power over you. U will never defeat it while it does. I know u want it to end now but that isn’t going to happen. It took time to get to where u are and it will take time to get back out. U have to as the way always says give it the middle finger. Get up and go about ur day every day. Take its power - ur attention. 
and before anyone says I wouldn’t know what I’m talking about, I do. 0-3 hours for years. It hurts so bad. I felt sick every day for the longest time. There were no catch up sleeps. The real change came when I accepted it, and made peace with it as much as possible. 
I slept til the sun was up last night. I can’t remember the last time that happened. 
stop fighting it mate. Time and a truckload of radical acceptance will get u there. 

• Like 1